Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 Missing Attachmnets and blank incoming E-mail

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 Missing Attachmnets and blank incoming E-mail

If I have missed this issue in the forums, I apologize.

The problem that we are experiencing is that in an upgrade to Act 11.1.830, running under Vista, the recieved emails are blank. This occurs both in preview and when opened. The messages have been verified by using a different mail client as a "good" email. If the e-mail is forwarded, the recipient also has a blank e-mail.

I should clarify what I mean by blank emails. The sender, subject, date etc. is visible. The preview is blank. The same if the message is opened, the sender and similar information is there, but the message is blank. 

Unchecking the "mark as read" after "x" seconds in preferences, seems to partially remedy the problem on new e-mail being visible, but reverts when ACT is restarted.

Additionally, attachments cannot be opened or saved. When right clicking on the "paperclip" a dialog box inquires as to where to save the file, but the upper box is blank. If save is clicked, it seems to behave normally, as if saving, but no document is found.

Since Vista is the OS, the mail is setup to use "Internet mail"

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any experience with this situation!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1 Missing Attachmnets and blank incoming E-mail

This sounds like it could be related to firewall, anitivirus and email filtering. Try disabling these features and see if that resolves. Also, if you have not disabled User Account Control (UAC) in Vista, then please see KB Article 20220 for instructions to do so.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.