Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT by Sage 2007 V9.0

ACT by Sage 2007 V9.0

Hi All,

One of our new clients is running ACT! by sage 2007 9.0

We have deployed SBS 2008 STD (X64) ; I just read that act 2007 v9.0 does not support 64 bit, office 2007 and outlook 2007.

Question 1 - Can I run ACT2007 9.0 inside a virtual machine (32BIT) ?

Question 2 - Is there any ACT version which supports 64BIT, supports office 2007,outlook 2007 ?

Question 3 - If there is a verison which supports 64BIT, what would be the procedure to import data from the old act version they would have ?

Question 4 - As this is my first time dealing with ACT! Software, any other important suggestions,tips you may have ;

Question 5 - Does act saves only in the SQL Database or are there any other important files I have to move/import if they upgraded to the new version ?

I will be grateful if someone could help me out on this ;

Thank you for reading

AerAps

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT by Sage 2007 V9.0

The latest versions (ACT 2009 / ACT 2010) are compatible with 64bit OS and Office / Outlook 2007.

The upgrade is straightforward and the database is upgraded as part of the process. So no export / import required. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We are simply going to install either Act 2007 (on a 32bit virtual machine)

or

If the client purchases the new version, we would be installing it fresh (on the new sbs2008) and the old ACT Databases would be on the other server.

What is the procedure to get those db files off the old server to the new server ? can we just save the SQL databases for act and copy them over to the new server and then import in act ?

I have never used / installed / configured act before so your guidelines would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

AerAps

Nickel Contributor

Hi AerAps

This ACT knowledge base article covers all the steps in moving the ACT database between machines:  http://tinyurl.com/mhdehx

DM me if you need further assistance. 

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Hi Trever,

Thank you for the info ; its very useful ;

I have a sage 50 as well to be installed on this sbs 2008 server ? any suggestions / thoughts on that one ?

Sage 50 : Will it support 64bit ? Will it be able to run in a VM ? What to move and how ?

Any link to sage forums on the internet ?

Kind Regards

Nickel Contributor

My experise is in ACT only - here is the link to the Sage support site: http://support.sage.co.uk

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk