Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! by Sage 11.1 service pack

ACT! by Sage 11.1 service pack

Hello,

Since I've downloaded service pack ACT! by Sage 11.1, I'm no more able to "Attach e-mail to contact".  I use internet mail.  From my ACT! E-mail, I click Actions, then Attach to contact... and the screen "Attach e-mail to companies" opens... without no compagny name as well.  This fonction worked very well before I upgraded version 11.0 to 11.1 service pack 3 days ago.

I hope I will not need to install the previous version..

Thanks for help!

Louise

Re: ACT! by Sage 11.1 service pack

I have the same problem. Prior to upgrading to 11.1 service pack, my email worked great. Now it is extremely sluggish when I open up email. Trying to edit a mail merged email is even slower. When typing in an email address in the BCC field, it took 45 seconds for the email address to show up there as each letter appeared every 5 seconds or so. When I clicked on "Send" after waiting 30 seconds for it to do so, a new window with a big red X in it that says "CutEmailSentHistory() problem: Invalid pointer". The email showed up in my inbox as I sent it to myself, but after clicking OK on the error window, I checked the history and it did not attach itself to that contact.

The option of attaching an email to history appears to have been disabled as well when looking in my sent folder, right clicking on an email and looking at the options that appear in the window, attaching to a contact has been grayed out and you cannot select it.

I am using ACT 2009 Version 11.1.183.0, upgraded from 11.0.
My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1420, 3 gig of ram, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5750 2.0Ghz with 320 gig of memory that is unfortunately running Vista, but didn't have a choice on that.

Like I said, prior to the update to 11.1, ACT email worked flawlessly. I am using internet mail as well.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?

Hello Contributor,

I have the same problem that I'd explained on my both computer Dell:  Inspiron Vostro 400 and Inspiron 6400.  You make me realize that today I had to restart ACT! three times on my Vostro and twice on my laptop because it was not responding...  I can't tolerate or wait longer with this problem of attaching email to contact.  I'm a realestate broker and all the resqesting visit on properties come via email. 

Sorry for my english writing, I'm French canadian from Montreal.  If you hear anything about a solution, please let me know, because it seems just impossible to talk with someone from Sage company without having paid for a service plan.

Regards,

Louise

Louise,

No worries on the English writing. I did start a search through the knowledge base and did find this.

http://tinyurl.com/invalid-pointer

This pertains to the error I had and looked through it. I don't use Norton or Mcafee, but did give me some ideas to play around with some of the settings on my firewall to see if it is something there that is blocking this.

Keep checking back everyday. Tech support and other knowledgeable users do reply to these and have helped me out in the past with other issues, usually pretty quickly.

at least you can access your dbases

Since I did the upgrade, I can't access dbases, already done 1 un-re-install.

Screwing up with my Outlook login..

Checked the firewall Act has access...

: (

Louise,

I found the solution to both of our problems.

http://tinyurl.com/invalid-pointer-solution

It apparantly has something to do with a windows defender update and not ACT. Click on the above link and read. Click on the url to the microsoft website and follow the instructions on how to cure this. Really easy to fix.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks

I ended up uninstalling SQL & ACT

Re-installed now working fine

Thanks again