Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT and email automation

Tuned Listener

ACT and email automation

Community,

I have been using act up to version 6.  I stopped after 2005 and ventured back to it on 2008 (after buying a new harddrive, 7200 rpm, from my laptop). 

I am currently looking at two types of CRM.  Act 2008/2009 or Avidian's Prophet.  Prophet does one thing I love and want to find out if Act 2008/2009 would do it.  It involves automated emails.  Say I want to sent a client 2 emails, 60 and 30 days prior to a specific date.  Can ACT do something like that?

Prophet does not allow the customization ACT offers, but I really want the email automation.  Do you know if ACT does it or is it an add-on.

Thanks

Russelltw

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT and email automation

Russell -

Not sure if this is a 100% solution, but ACT! has Activity Series Templates.  This is where you pick a target date, and then base multiple activities off this date.  Actually sending the email would be done by you, but if you set up a template with a date, and the two other dates you specified, it will schedule all these activities at once.

Now, that being said, there are add-ons that can manage campaigns and actually send the emails - look at www.swiftpage.com

Hope this helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com