Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT and Outlook integration issues

ACT and Outlook integration issues

We just had ACT installed on our systems a couple weeks ago. However, the integration with Outlook is causing problems. I scanned thru various threads but was unable to see anything that will help. I did try to follow the uninstall and install instructions in the attached on one of the machines. But that did not help either.  http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=1335

Operating Systems: Windows XP and Windows 7

Outlook and Office: 2007

ACT : Permium 2010  (12.1.181) Hot Fix 1 has been applied.

Errors seen are varied:

1. Outlook views are not being displayed. User gets this error message "Outlook cannot display this view". The only option available is OK. After that the user is unable to use Outlook. When I rebooted Outlook in safe mode I do not get this problem. But when I go back to regular mode and it kills Outlook.

2. User is able to open outlook and read messages as normal. But when the user writes a new email and hit the send button, this error message is displayed. If the user hits “ignore” the email gets sent, "abort" kicks the user out of the outlook.

Assertion Failed: Abort:Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue

GetHeaderProps::We don't expect an @ in an exchange address.

at MessageReader.GetHeaderProps(CComPtr<IMessage>*pMessage, HeaderStruct header, Boolean bGetMissingSender, Boolean* pSender Set)

at MessageReader.SaveMsgToFile(IntPtr pItem,String FileName, HeaderStruct header)

at Connect.AddItemTo Queue(MailItem mailItem, OutlookHistoryType historyType, IContact[] attachContacts, Boolean bHistoryPrivate,

HistoryFormatOptions nFormatOption, IDatabaseInfo dbItem, Boolean bRecordToSender, Boolean bIsQuickAttach, Boolean createMissingContacts)

at Connect.Outlook_ItemSend(Object Item, Boolean& Cancel)

at ApplicationEvents_10_SinkHelper.ItemSend(Object , Boolean& ) 

at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object traget, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object traget, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,

RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean

skipVisibilityChecks) 

at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

Thanks,

John

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT and Outlook integration issues

Hello Jbondon,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Just a note, the versions of Act! and Office are definitely compatible.  It sounds like the problem is occuring for all users, is that correct? 

If that is correct, it would seem to be more environmental than a bad install (assumption is that all users are accessing a shared database on a server).

Here are some tests to help isolate the issue:

- Open the local Act! Demo database on a workstation and add it to the Outlook address book (remove your main database) - test Outlook.  This can be done through the Act! program (demo open) > Tools > Preferences > Email tab > Email System Setup button > work through screens.

- Add exceptions to firewall and anti-virus software.  Instructions for adding exceptions can be found in this article: KB Article 25125

Have you run Office Diagnostics on one of the workstations in an attempt to resolve?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

We are having the same error .  (GetHeaderProps::We don't expect an @ in an exchange address.) 

-Prem 2010 hf1 on one XP and one Win7

-We are not sharing a database.  Both working in different databases at completely different locations.  No network involved.

-Was already added to exceptions in av and firewall

-We are sharing a hosted exchange account to manage our emails.  (Intermedia.com)

thoughts?

I'm getting integration issues for users with a shared database who are using Outlook 2010.

Loyal Listener

We are getting the same issue on a stand alone windows 7 machine with outlook 2007, db is on the machine itself and not shared with anyone

Andrea Mahoney

Orlando, Fl

Andrea Mahoney
Certified Computer Solutions
407-834-1191
Orlando, Fl
Bronze Super Contributor

Exactly the same problem here too with latest ACT! 2010.

New installation 5-users on Windows XP and Office 2007.

5 PCs OK install and integration with Outlook 2007 but 1 of the 5 PCs then
has the same error message when sending an email.  However if select 'Ignore' the
email gets sent through Outlook and attaches to the relevant Contact.

Tried several things - Uninstalled ACT! and re-installed but, although the error didn't occur when
ACT! was not installed, or when installed without integrating with Outlook,
it came back when re-integrated with Outlook again.  Even when Outlook
integration taken off the error continued.

Any ideas please?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I get the same problem.  However i have an end user that is on Outlook 2007, Windows 7, and Act 2009.  I have the assertion error '  I have tried to reinstall both office and act.  Any help would be appreciated.  

at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

Assertion Failed: Abort:Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue

at MessageReader.GetHeaderProps(CComPtr<IMessage>*pMessage, HeaderStruct header, Boolean bGetMissingSender, Boolean* pSender Set)

at MessageReader.SaveMsgToFile(IntPtr pItem,String FileName, HeaderStruct header)

at Connect.AddItemTo Queue(MailItem mailItem, OutlookHistoryType historyType, IContact[] attachContacts, Boolean bHistoryPrivate,

HistoryFormatOptions nFormatOption, IDatabaseInfo dbItem, Boolean bRecordToSender, Boolean bIsQuickAttach, Boolean createMissingContacts)

at Connect.Outlook_ItemSend(Object Item, Boolean& Cancel)

at ApplicationEvents_10_SinkHelper.ItemSend(Object , Boolean& ) 

at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object traget, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)

at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object traget, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,

RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean

skipVisibilityChecks) 

Loyal Listener

I believe we ended up reformatting machine to fix
Andrea Mahoney
407-834-1191
Orlando, Fl

Ouch, that's not good. 

Loyal Listener

tell me about it, that was after about 10 hours on the phone with tech support trying to resolve the issue.  All non-billable of course Smiley Sad

Andrea Mahoney
407-834-1191
Orlando, Fl