Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT and Hamachi VPN + Server 2008

Copper Contributor

ACT and Hamachi VPN + Server 2008

I am SOOOO lost. So I have set up Hamachi VPN on my server 2008 and my laptop. I can access the server when I BROWSE via Hamachi. Now, I created a RDB and can open it on my laptop (the server is set to publisher. I uninstalled Network Sync Internet Sync...do I need those on the server? When i had them on there I could not tick off "Accept INcoming" in ACT I am so confused. I wish there was a step by step guide from act that was clear.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT and Hamachi VPN + Server 2008

Hello SSiegel97,

Hamachi will need to use the Network Sync service for syncing through the VPN, so you will need to have that installed on the server (not the workstations). For instructions to setup Hamachi to use with ACT! Network Sync, please see KB Article 23333. There is a link in that article to the Hamachi support page should you have any issues that relate to Hamachi, and not ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for you help. I did follow those instructions initially. When i install the network sync it runs. However I can't actually SYNC after creating an RDB. I get an error msg. on the workstation trying to sync
Platinum Elite Contributor

What is the exact error message? Also, what version of ACT! are you using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Got it to work!! Yay! My Hamachi IP address was wrong (my fault). Now, I have to get Peachtree to work and I'll be all good....I hope it's the same configuration