11-28-2008 01:25 PM
I am running ACT on our system which all users use Exchange and Outlook2003 for Email.
I get the following error:
The ACT! address Book Service is not properly configured, or the configured database is locked. Do you want to configure it now? Y/N
What is causing this?
12-03-2008 09:31 AM
This error ususually means that Outlook is enable to connect to the ACT! database and get the address book information. There could be more than one reason for this.
Damaged address book/database
- Remove and re-add the ACT! address book in Outlook
- Run repairs and maintenance on the ACT! database
- Look for any non-standard or invalid email addresses in your database
Invalid login information
- Make sure that you have put the correct database path and login information when adding the ACT! address book to Outlook
- Outlook's access may be blocked by a firewall, antivirus or email scanner
You can also take a look at this Knowledgebase article: KB 13531
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.