Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT and CompanionLink

ACT and CompanionLink

Has anyone out there ever experienced problems when using CompanionLink software and ACT? Anyone experienced duplications, removal of calendar events, or any weird stuff just occuring in ACT when combined with the CompanionLink software? What other synchronization tools does anybody else use out there to synchronize a Blackberry with ACT?

Re: ACT and CompanionLink

Hi Ngonzalez,  I just posted a request on cleaning up the task list of duplicates partially because of CompanionLink's DoubleLook.

Part of my problem was when I got my new BlackBerry, and when I set up BlackBerry Desktop Manager, I clicked on USB cable sync and of course

BlackBerry will also sync OTA (Over the Air).  Every time I connected the sync cable to my computer, I was unwittingly creating tons of

duplicate contacts, calendar and To-Do entries.  If you ever connect your BlackBerry to your computer via the USB cable, make sure that you

have unchecked the box on BlackBerry Desktop Manager, Under Synchronize>>>>Sychronize Automatically>>>>>Synchronize the selected items when connected to the Blackberry Desktop.  Hopefully that should stop your duplications.

Good Luck 

Copper Contributor

If you're still having trouble with duplicates with CompanionLink, please call their tech support at: 503-243-5200.

The other option is Handheld Contact.  However, they have a different approach to ACT/BlackBerry sync.  Their software installs a separate application/database on your BlackBerry.  Data will sync to these proprietary address book, calendar and tasks applications and not the native applications that come with the BlackBerry. This is good if you're looking for an ACT-like user experience.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Handheld Contact is the only PDA link that I've never seen cause duplicates... because they have their own database on the smart phone.

It has a lot of other advantages, some I posted here:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2008/10/why-handheld-contact-for-pdas.html