Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! & Outlook - calendar/activity issues and questions

ACT! & Outlook - calendar/activity issues and questions

[ Edited ]

I have a question, we just upgrade from 2005 to 2010 version.  I'm part of a 7 person team, so we have 7 user licenses and I'm the admin on my computer and I have all other's as managers.  we have ACT 2010 for financial professionals setup on a sep server and each of our computers is linked into that server.  e also bought compinonlink and have it so that the contacts and calendar sync into outlook, then from outlook do a wireless sync to our blackberry and i-phones.  We are getting duplicate calndar entries on the outlook calendar from ACT and those dups keep sync as dups onto our handhelds, very frustrations as we have so many meetings each week. 

We have two other problems, in the old version on calendar view, I think monthly on far right when we setup a meeting or call for a partner it would show up on the right with initials of that partner, all partners would show up for the day, now it seems it breaks it apart in the right by user name so you can't just see all of us in the groups meeting that day no matter who it's with.  Secondly, when you goto schedule an activity like a meeting, it defaults to only showing it for the person you are scheduling the meeting with.  In our group most of our meetings are with clients and two or three of us on the team, how can we get it to show all of us in the meeting on the calendar not just the one person you schedule it for.  It only allows you to schedule a meeting for one person not 2 or 3 of us?

[Edit: updated subject to match topic]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! & Outlook - calendar/activity issues and questions

Unfortunately when syncing to Outlook and then to another system, you'll nearly always get duplicates.

The only reliable way I've found to sync to iPhones and Blackberrys is to use Handheld Contact

I am getting hundreds of duplicate activities when I sync Outlook 2007 and Act 2010.  Any way to correct without deleting them one at a time?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not many ways to do it reliably ... it's pretty common issue with the Outlook sync, especially if synchronising to a mobile phone.

I don't recommend using it