Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! & Carbonite

ACT! & Carbonite

Ever since I set up the ACT! Scheduler for backups (Version 11.0.0.367), my Carbonite has ceased to work.  Carbonite suspects there is a conflict with Acronis and suggested that I disable it.  Does ACT! use Acronis (or a facsimile thereof) which is causing the conflict with Carbonite?  Has anyone else run into this?  Do I have to choose between Carbonite and the ACT! Scheduler or is there some setting to get around the conflict?

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! & Carbonite

I've seen several people using Carbonite in conjunction with Act. So as far as I know either the conflict can be resolved or the scheduler isn't the source of it.
Copper Contributor

You can still use Carbonite as you backup system.. just need to do a few setting changes within ACT Diag.

I have found in some rare cases that Carbonite can stop your ACT 7 (SQL) Instance when it tries to perform a daily backup of your system. When this happens, it prevents you from opening your ACT database (gives you a SQL error).

At this time I have not heard about your specific issue. Possibly check your Carbonite settings as well.

Check out my blog article on these related issues.. I will be posting some solutions very soon!

http://www.successwithcrm.com/blog/bid/57501/How-Carbonite-is-Kryptonite-for-Sage-ACT

Julie Cooper
Success With CRM Consulting, INC.
ACC

I found that the enter stop key doesn't work when carbonite is running.  If i disable carbonite, no problem.  Jacqui