Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT & Caller ID

ACT & Caller ID

Is  anyone using ACT and Caller ID to pull up the contact when a new call comes in.  If so how do you set this up?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT & Caller ID

Copper Contributor

Spoke to three people there and they couldn't even answer simple configuration issues with caller ID.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Mike.

Nevermind, I would never buy anything from that company.  Still looking for an alternative that will allow me to pull up contact records when contacts call.  I use Skype.

By the way, Mike.  Do you know how to remove this software?  I used the Control Panel.  Then I deleted all the folders with the company's name, however they are still listed in my ACT Tools menu.

I use itDial ... for Skype and my landline

Remove the files from the Plugins folder (when ACT! is closed) ... sometimes, ACT! seems to stop this happening in an uninstall of an addon
Copper Contributor

Thanks.  I did, but DialIT is still in my Tools menu, albeit functionless.  Any ideas how I can remove the menu icons from my tools menu?

Copper Contributor

I figured it out. Tools->Customize->Reset Menus and Toolbars.

Copper Contributor

Okay Mike.  Now that my head cooled off.  I do have a question.  When using Skype does DialIT pull up Contact records when a call comes in from one of your contacts?

Thank you.

It pops a toolbar at the top of the screen ... from there, you can click a button to go to contact