Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT & Avaya IP Office

ACT & Avaya IP Office

We have taken over an account due to extremely poor service by another vendor.  The customer was told by the previous vendor that ACT would interface with their Avaya IP Office in such a way that when a call came in, ACT would automatically bring up that customers information on the computer screen (providing the caller was in the database of course).  We have not worked with ACT before and want to confirm that this is possible before getting an IT vendor involved.  Will ACT interface with IP Office like the customer wants?  Thank you in advance for your help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT & Avaya IP Office

With Avaya IP Office 4.0, there is a TAPI Link that you can install (I think it was in earlier versions, but not sure).

This will connect to ACT! 7.0-11.0 for dialing and incoming caller ID with the DialIT add-on - you can download a trial from the link

We recentyl upgraded to ACT! 2010.  I am using the Avaya IP Office dialer.  I can call out, but cannot get incoming calls to POP ACT!.  The web page from Avaya says that it only works with ACT! 6.  and it did pop my old ACT! 6.  I have been unable to get a response from Avaya re an update that will work with ACT! 2010.  I am using IP Office ver 4.2.34 on Windows XP.

Copper Elite Contributor

I´ve being trying to do such things. Tested some hardware and add-ons and the only application I found that really put all things to work together was "Call On CRM for ACT / Skype" (www.CallOnCRM.com).

I am able to call out (using Skype) and also have ACT contact displayed when a call come in.

There is also a version for IP phones but I did not found a good one nearby.

I do recommend CallOnCRM.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE