Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT address book install issue with Outlook

Copper Contributor

ACT address book install issue with Outlook

First, I realize there are similar posts to this in the forum and I've read them.  I've also read all the Knowledge Base articles and tried what they suggest.  So far I am totally unsuccessful.  Perhaps someone here can offer a suggestion that will get me past the problem.

I have 3 computers:  Desktop, Notebook, and Tablet.  All are Samsung and run Windows 8 Professional.  All are running Office 2013 ( thus Outlook 2013 ) from an Office Subscription.  All are relatively new Office installations.

The notebook has the primary database and the other two devices have synced copies so I can grab one and work remotely.  They are all correctly connected, and have no problems.

On the two remote devices, I have been able to successfully implement the ability to attach an ACT address book, and I can thus attach emails to contacts in ACT.  Thats very important for me.  On the main computer, however, I cannot get it to work.

Here is the problem.  When I follow the steps to attach the ACT address book on the desktop, I use Outlook to add a new address book.  On this computer only, the option to add an ACT addressbook type is not shown. 

There must be a file somewhere or a setting that needs to be changed.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling ACT.  It makes no difference.  Its just not an option on this computer only.

I really would appreciate any assistance or ideas people can offer.   Thanks

Tim

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT address book install issue with Outlook

How is Office installed on the main computer? Is it a 'Click to Run' or 64-bit version... ACT! is only compatible with a full installation of the 32-bit version.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT address book install issue with Outlook

The computer is 64 bit OS but Office is running the 32 bit version ( what they install by default )

I am running ACT SP1.

Again, the issue is that I cannot get the type ACT! Address Book to appear in the selection list ( following the ACT instructions ).  Also, it is only on this computer.  The same version of Office 2013 and ACT is on all 3 devices !

Tim