Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Will Not Install

Tuned Listener

ACT Will Not Install

One of  my users was having difficulty with ACT 10, already installed on his laptop.  He decided to accept the popup message to check for updates.  He received a message about not being able to share the database with anyone else after the upgrade.  He figured this was ok, since he wasn't sharing the db with other users.  The upgrade completed, and then he couldn't sync with the server! 

I uninstalled his upgraded version and attempted to install from CD.  The installation fails with the message "Fail to read install.ini. file".  I removed the previous directories on the user's hard drive, but still receive this error message.

Can someone please help?  This user is completely stuck and is unable to use the software.

Re: ACT Will Not Install

Try copying the CD to the local hard drive and installing from there.
Tuned Listener

David:

Thank you.  I will give it a try.

[ Edited ]
I sent you the download link for the full install incase that doesn't work.  The download will be version 10.0.3.  Let me knwo if you need an eariler version.
Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-08-2009 02:35 PM
Tuned Listener

David:

Thank you for the link.  We are using version 10.0.1.199.  Would you mind sending me the link for this version?

Incidentally, I did a clean install today of ACT without any issues on a different users laptop.  I copied the contents on the CD to the laptop (the one that cannot reinstall), but the installation still failed.  I was wondering if the uninstallation left behind files in the registry that are preventing the reinstall?

Thanks again.  You have been very helpful. 

Sunny

You got the same error when you copied the CD?

I sent you another PM for the 10.0.1 download.

I am having the very same issue trying to install ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0). Can you please PM me with a download link?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

Please send me private message with your serial number and the build you need (10.0, 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3).

Thanks, David. I managed to fix the error at this end.

Hello,

i am trying install  ACT! 2008/10.0.1 for a client. i have done this many times before and never had an issue. we recently rebuilt a computer for them. When i try to install  ACT! 2008/10.0.1 i get the "Fail to read ini file.

Can anyone help.

Thanks.

Tino