Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Version 19 & Office 365 Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Version 19 & Office 365 Outlook

Last week I upgraded to ACT Ver 19 so it would work with Windows 10 on a new laptop.

Then I installed Office 365.

After installing Office 365 (Outlook) I started getting at random a pop up from Office:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please

install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the

Default Programs control panel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind my Act email was working fine & my Outlook was working.

The pop up was a bother so I called Microsoft Office support.

They changed  something & now my ACT email will not work.

Here is the message I get when I click on a contact email address:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name type

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was using my own email address to run a test so I know the email is correct.

Obviously Microsoft is no help. Can someone steer me to the right setup?

Thanks in advance.

Oh & by the way. I was told via ACT that I would have 30 days tech support at no charge. That's not true - they want me to sign up for support.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bearcat
‎03-22-2017 06:07 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Version 19 & Office 365 Outlook

Hey Gary.

I did the uninstall & reinstall for both ACT 19 & Office 365.

Still had problems.

I wasn't all that excited about Office 365 anyway.

I'm back to ACT 19 & Microsoft 2010 & Windows 10 - all working well.

I did try support from ACT via phone call. They told me I would have to buy support. I was not going to do that because there was no assurance it was an ACT problem. 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

From your message I read that you installed ACT and then Office 365.

For integration to work it should be install Office 365 and then install ACT so that the correct links are formed.

My suggestion (although I know is a pain) is uninstall ACT and Office - reboot - and then re-install in the correct order.

Copper Contributor

uninstall both?

ugh. 

I noticed when the Office support tech got on my computer he ran Run & ACTDIAG  came up. He changed to WINWORD. That had to have something to do with the ACT error I started getting.

Administrator

Hi bearcat,

Because we don't know what was changed by Microsoft Office support, a reinstall of Office should set it back to normal, which is what Act! would most likely be expecting. it might not be necessary for both to be re-installed, but It would save us some time if the issue re-occurred after re-installing only Act!.

As for ACTDIAG showing in the Run dialog, this is purely showing that the last command which was run from here was the command to open the ActDiag application. It saves the last entered command. Do you remember if you or someone else has opened ActDiag in this way on the machine before? Either way, I wouldn't worry about it as what's shown there has no effect on anything in this case.
Copper Contributor

I just reinstalled ACT & same problem.
I'll try uninstall & then reinstall Office 365.
Thanks Gary.
Copper Contributor

Here's the update. This is important for anyone with ACT considering Office 365.

The subscription service of Office 365 (home, business version doesn't matter) will NOT work with ACT Ver 19 (which means it probably won't work with any Version of ACT.  

After spending 8 hrs with 3 different Microsoft Techs the last one talked to his supervisor. Super said because I purchased the subscription version ACT doesn't understand the update process.

So fortunately Microsoft was good enough to refund my purchase & we downloaded Office 2010 to my new laptop. 

I have had ACT since 2002 & was not going to switch to something else just to get Office 365.

Thanks for all the help. We tried!

Administrator

Hi bearcat,

I'm a little confused here.
Did the uninstall of both Office and Act!, then re-install of Office, then Act! still leave you with issues?

We would expect Office 365 to work with Act! v19 as this is a supported configuration. We can offer help though our support services in getting this configured and integrated correctly if issues arise.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bearcat
‎03-22-2017 06:07 AM
Copper Contributor

Hey Gary.

I did the uninstall & reinstall for both ACT 19 & Office 365.

Still had problems.

I wasn't all that excited about Office 365 anyway.

I'm back to ACT 19 & Microsoft 2010 & Windows 10 - all working well.

I did try support from ACT via phone call. They told me I would have to buy support. I was not going to do that because there was no assurance it was an ACT problem. 

Thanks again.

Copper Contributor

As a matter of interest was it the 64 bit version of Office 365 that you were running or the 32 bit? Act v19 Pro is supposedly able to run with the 64 bit version of Office but I had issues running the 64 bit version and had to go back to 32 bit

Copper Contributor

Hello Gary/All--

I've had this sync contact (Act.Intergration stopped) for months, across multiple versions of ACT. You pointed me many different directions and we've tried all reinstall, new profile, etc.

Now I've learned from my Account Rep via the page link below that ACT is NOT compatible with the most recent builds of Outlook on Office 365.  http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580/kw/outlook%20integration%20has%20stopped%20working. 

The most recent build I have is 16.0.8201.  And, Oh by the way.....the list is 11 builds that don't work, and 3 that do.....

HOW IN THE WORLD can the company sell a product that they claim is compatible, that is actually not compatible with Outlook, and goes to far as to say so on their customer support page???

Anyone have suggestion on a contact database that does sync with Outlook?