Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Ver11 is there a "trigger - lookup - copy fields - return - paste functionality"???

Copper Contributor

ACT Ver11 is there a "trigger - lookup - copy fields - return - paste functionality"???

Is there an add on for Version 2009 (v11) that will provide auto – populate functionality to an ACT record. 

What I mean is can I type a name in one field and it goes and looks through my database, finds the name of that person, copies contents of the address field, goes back to the original contact, and fills in the address.

I am a mortgage planner, and I want to have act fill out the address for the listing agent, on a particular BUYER’s contact record.

Is there such an add on or script?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Ver11 is there a "trigger - lookup - copy fields - return - paste functionality"???

I'd suggest you take a look at Exponenciels addon - Copy Data Between Records.

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Ver11 is there a "trigger - lookup - copy fields - return - paste functionality"???

Thanks Ben I emailed with Gilles Cavin of Exponenciels yesterday and he said he was not aware of any such functionality or add in.
Can scripts be constructed to do such a thing (i had one for act 2004 but it no longer works)