Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! V21 - How to auto attach email .msg files in history.

ACT! V21 - How to auto attach email .msg files in history.

[ Edited ]

Hi there.  I recently upgraded from Version 18.2.53.0 update 7 to Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4.  Prior to upgrading, my Outlook sync settings were set in such a way that whenever I sent an email, the email was recorded as a history item for the contact by displaying the subject only and then would literally auto attach the .msg file next to it. (vs containing a lengthy copy of the message in the history item).  This was great because I could quickly scan the subject of my emails to a client in their history and then click the paperclip attachment icon to open the .msg file if I wanted to read the actual email itself.

Now, in V21, I cannot seem to replicate those settings.  (I'm running on windows 10 and also just upgraded from office 2016 to office 365).  Instead, the email settings seem to let me record the email subject (or subject and message, or subject and message and attachments), yet I'm struggling to find the option that will let me auto attach the .msg file itself.  (I have gone to tools > preferences > admin and verified "Allow files to be attached to this database" and "Allow e-mail messages to be attached to this database" re selected).  

I have attached a screenshot below displaying the history log of a contact - I'm hopeful this give a visual of what I'm aiming to do.  

ACT Message.jpg

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! V21 - How to auto attach email .msg files in history.

Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync > Email System Setup

Select the one with Attachments - That should attach the Email as an attachment.

Re: ACT! V21 - How to auto attach email .msg files in history.

Select the message or messages you want to forward. This automatically attaches the emails to a blank message – Outlook decides for itself whether to forward...MyBKExperience Survey