Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! V16..."Notes"...

ACT! V16..."Notes"...

I put in two nnotes for a contact.  Where do they go after you hit ok?  I see at the bottom on the contact screen that the perso has 2 notes, but I don't know where to go to view the notes.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! V16..."Notes"...

Umm have yuou tried the notes tab?

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

LOL  I only see one notes tab and it is to add NEW Notes.

Now the area at the bottom of the screen does not even show the word "Notes:  2".  I don't know which contact I added the notes to.  I checked all contacts and see nothing at the bottom left of the screen indicating that notes were left.

The "Notes" tab is the tab I click on and into which I left each note.  When I click the tab it come ups and says "Insert Note".  

to test it I picked a contact, clicked note,  wrote "test", clicked ok.  Nothing showed up at the bottom.  The I clicked note again, again it said insert note so I wrote test 2, clicked ok.  Nothing showed up at the bottom.

I do see that I can run a report called "Notes".  And I do see the notes there, however, I want to know where I can actually go to view, edit, and delete notes.  There is no side bar or list tab to the left that says "Notes".  Can someone help with this?  I am new to the program and perhaps I am missing something.

Copper Super Contributor

Ok i am still not certain we are on the same wave lenght here

My Act has a split screen the bottom half is a set of tabs tittled Activities, Opportunities, Notes, History, Documents, User Fields, etc etc

Is this where you are creating the note? or do you use the button at the top of the screen??

Oh.  Maybe the versions are the difference.  My version is Act Pro.  Your signature in the post says Act Premium.

My screen is split left and right.  Small section on left with Contacts, Groups, Companies, Calendar, Task List, History List, Opportunities, etc.  Large section on right is main section.  My tabs are at the top.  That is where I clicked on "Notes".  When I hover over it it says "New Note".  When I click it the box that comes up says "Insert Note".

Copper Super Contributor

Ok. umm the menu system on the left is the main section buttons, with the bulk of the screen on the right taking up the list of contacts (if you selected the contact button of companies (if you select the company button) and so on

But if you select contacts then open a particular contact record does it not show you tabs? about half way down the screen running left to right???

Copper Super Contributor

For example

http://soft.cd/img/screenshots/Sage-ACT!-Premium-2012-14.0.572.0-7037.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS!  No.  The entire bottom of my screen is blank!  I've only had ACT for 3 days and that was one of my problems with it is where in the world is ALL of the information on EACH contact.  I've never used a CRM software before but it made sense that you should be able to see everything for one contact ON the contact page.  I have nothing like what is shown on your link.  Is it me?  Is their some button I'm supposed to punch to bring up that bottom half?  My contact page has one line below the "E-mail" line that reads "Last Results" and it has a list of about 4 things.  The rest of the page, the whole bottom half, is completely BLANK.

Copper Super Contributor

Ok now we are getting to the heart of the problem, unfortunetly it may be beyond my minor skills to help with

One last thing, up the top jsut below the History / Email Button there should be a drop box? this holds your different layout styles, have a look here and see if there is another one you can select

There is, but when I select it, it shows even less information than before. Think I might have to contact technical support? If so, do you know if they are available on the weekend?