Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT V16 AND WIN10

ACT V16 AND WIN10

After years of MS Windows and ACT being upgraded and many hotfixes, can anyone comment on using version 16 and win10 to function together or is t just impossible? I use version 11 now on win10 with absolutely no issues. I have a new copy of v16 I don't want to open and install if it will just not function. I know all the research I found says no, but all that info is 3+ years old now. Anyone? Thanks in advance. Joe. 

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT V16 AND WIN10

I believe that Windows 10 wasn't officially support with Act! until version 17. 

Having said that, v16 is not going to get the new licensing patches so it wouldn't be recommended to install that version.

Thank you. I do find that my v2011 runs just fine on WIN10 and with MS Office 2010. No probs at all, so I was curious if V16, 2014 would be the same. Guess I'll just stick with V2011 since not much changed and costs of newer releases are not for me at this time. Been using act since it was first brought out as a DOS version many years ago. Still have all the 3.5 discs for a windows version for 50 users. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to plan on upgrading to ACT! 21. The licensing change affects all versions of ACT! from 2006 but the licensing patch is only available to supported versions of ACT! 18 and later. sooner or later you version of ACT! will stop working, possibly as soon as January first.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer