Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Update Wizard Issue (ACT! 2006) - Annoying

Tuned Listener

ACT! Update Wizard Issue (ACT! 2006) - Annoying

Sporadically, when launching ACT! 2006, I receive a dialog asking whether or not to check for Updates.

No matter whether I choose Yes or No, the ACT! Getting Started Wizard launches, forcing me to exit and then re-launch ACT! I have to re-do ALL my Preferences... including UN-CHECKING the "Automatically check for updates"!

This has happened sporadically over the past 4 or 5 months. However, it has now happened 5 times in the last 3 days! I do need to shutdown and restart my laptop most every day, sometimes more than once because... it's a laptop I take with me on business. I need a resolution ASAP.

I have no real need to Upgrade to ACT! 2007/2008/2009 at this point.. I'm a sole user/business person. So, please do not suggest an Upgrade.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: ACT! Update Wizard Issue (ACT! 2006) - Annoying

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! Update Wizard Issue (ACT! 2006) - Annoying

Thanks... I'll do that for future times, including copying the preferences file into my "c:\ACT Backup" folder (I hate trying to drill down too deep to find certain files)...

However, that doesn't really answer my question... Why does this happen in the first place (ACT Update Wizard opening) even when I've unchecked the "Check for updates automatically? Why does it "bomb"? There has to be a glitch somewhere.