Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Total Crash when Duplicating a Contact

ACT Total Crash when Duplicating a Contact

iI am having a HUGE problem where ACT 2010 totally crashes when I select Contact, Duplicate Contact, then it doesn't matter if I select certain or all fields.  When clicking OK, the ACT program immediately crashes and spends several minutes collecting information about the crash. 

Has anyone yet found a way to duplicate contact records without ACT 2010 totally crashing?

I am using only the single user edition, and do so as a single user not a large corp so I cannot afford Sage's only avenue to solving program problems.

If anyone has found a work around or fix, you would certainly be a lifesaver.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Total Crash when Duplicating a Contact

Hello,

Welcome to the ACT! Online. Try opening the demo database (called "ACT2010Demo") and see if duplication in there causes the crash.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I tried creating a new contact in the demo file and it worked fine.

The file in question is one that was created and upgraded since ACT v.2 or ACT v.4.

How can I solve the problem yet keep my data?

Copper Contributor

I've got a similar problem.  ACT! 2010 crashes if I try to duplicate a specific contact and gives me a "Value cannot be null" error.  I changed all the fields (under "Define Field...") so that it would allow blanks, which seemed to fix it.  Not ideal, but at least it's a workaround.

Just upgraded from ACT! 6.0.  

Copper Contributor

It worked one time, now it's crashing again.
Platinum Elite Contributor

See if the information in the Knowledgebase article helps resolve the issue:

Error: "Value cannot be null" When Attempting to Duplicate a Contact

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.