Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Synchronization Preferences Greyed Out

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT Synchronization Preferences Greyed Out

Thank you all with the invaluable information and advices.  At this point, I am still not convinced to migrate beyond Sage ACT! Pro 2011.  The program provides the adequate basic contact management with my personal activities and business clients.  I used Microsoft Office (primarily Outlook e-mail for communication.  I do not use any of the "social network" channel for a simple reason - too many junk mail will be rushing to shore just like garbage.  I also have friends complaining about foul languages were shared even among friends.  This is something I would be totally offended.)  E-mail sharing real issues is good enough.  Having said that, I am trying to engage with 2,000 memberships in the local "riding association" to advance certain political agenda.  This I believe requires initial mass e-mail distribution and careful monitoring the feedback and history to closely match with e-mail campaign effort and follow up.  This is the reason why I tried to use ACT - Outlook sync to keep an update of the situation.

I have a quick glance at the "ACT! Premium" and "ACT! Essential".  It looks nice.  On the other hand, it could be selling something very few people or business could use.  Not to mention that is a constant updating from version to version, program after program.  ACT! team have their job to grow their business through marketing new ideas and new concepts.  An established business only steer their courses based on their business requirements and one of them is cost / benefits.  sometimes, I have the feeling that the developing team might be overkill.

I came across situation that ACT! no longer support Palm and took me the discomfort, headache and time to switch from one program to another.  ACT! team also promote their "survey" among users.  I have another feeling that they gather all the results and pick those the top management would like to see and hear and ultimately secure their jobs.   Is it really what the common lifetime users want and need?  I have much reservation. 

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Once again, thank you for your great help.  Yes, I did try your suggestion step by step including deleting the preference file and rebuilding both database.  I used the 3rd option - Rebuild OLE / DB Report Object.  Unfortunately, the preference panel is still grey out.  Anything I can do?

Currently, I used the stupidest mode to "sync" my ACT! contact with Outlook Contact - export the ACT file and import to Outlook.  When I have some important e-mail from / to one single contact, I copy and paste that document in ACT! note file.

I also use Microsoft OneNote and Document-to-Go supplement my work at home base as well as on the road.

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

By the way, I am using the Canadian version.