Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Synch with Outlook

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Synch with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Dear Sage, I would like to know if anyone has been able to get ACT and Outlook Synch to work. After spending a lot of time on the phone with tech support, I understand that Microsoft and SAGE never discussed the SQL upgrade therefore it took 6 hours with Tech support to get my database up and running again after I installed 2011. The ACT senior tech had to uninstall the old ACT SQL from MS then uninstall the 2011, then install it again. After all that was done I still was not able to synch with Outlook. I was then told that the reason was that there was a problem with the print drivers from interacting with the new version of Dymo label maker and the printer. I uninstalled the Dymo software and the synch worked for a few months, but after the latest upgrade to MS Window 7 it stopped working again, I think that it is still the SQL problem. I was using DoubleLook prior to the 2011 upgrade and quite honestly I wish I had stayed with them since it worked. ACT 2011 has been an upgrade disaster. I am not a novice user - I have been an ACT user since the days that Pat Sullivan founded the company in it original DOS format and have suffered through the Symantec acquisition etc. I just wish that literally ACT would get its ACT together, I have wasted a lot of time with tech support, but continue to use the product because I am literate in it and it would take too much time to learn another database program since all of my templates and business is run on ACT. But tech support and the buggy software continues to be a problem and any attempt to call in after the 90 day warranty is on a charge bases. The issue is why should I have to pay to help you debug your software, I feel like a QA tester for dysfunctional software. I hope that I can get some resolution on this since it is creating a problem. Does anyone at ACT (SAGE) listen or read customer issues. I have been have been reporting issues such as this for many years now with no follow-up from anyone. I am currently in Europe now and unreachable but if anyone from SAGE management or tech support wants to reach me [Edit: personal contact information removed. Please do not post personal info in public forum] Help. Thanks Joe

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfmartinez
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Synch with Outlook

Mike,

Guess what it worked, just a few items that SAGE might take into consideration if the developers want to listen.

1.  The Update on the ACT Update under the Help drop down menu always told me that I had the latest software updates.  Wrong I needed Sp 1 etc.

2.  On the download website, there is no detail on which download should be downloaded first, at least none that I could find.  Software developers are notorious for this, since they work on the core of the product daily they assume we are all literate on how to download etc.  We all use the benefits of the software package to do our job and could care less about becoming technically proficient on all aspects of ACT.  Albeit since I have been an ACT user I have become more technical then I need to be and believe me that is dangerous.

Again thanks for the help.  The ACT forum should be this deligent.

Joe

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

It might help if you included the exact version/build of ACT! (from help | about), the version of Office and how it's not working...

There have been some fixes in the ACT!/Outlook links with ACT! 2011 SP1 +HF3

One issue ... as you obviously have contacts outside North America, you might be better staying with DoubleLook (or my preference, 123 Sync) - unfortunately, the free sync doesn't bring over the ACT! country code and this causes issues with the phone fields when dealing with international contacts

Mike

Have seen your name on more than a few posts.  I am Australian based but working in PNG.  Just had a disk crash and had to rebuild my PC.  Have current version of ACT and use an iPhone.  Just upgraded to Outlook 2010 and am having trouble gettindg country codes across.  Previously I had it working via CompanionLink but does not seem to be working for me.  Any thoughts?  I see you mentioned DoubleLook.  Does Outlook 2010 introduce any new issues / features that will upset iPhone syncing. I have tried WiFi synce but it requires DejaVu Office which has a few limitations.

Regards

Ian Lyons

The best option for iPhone support is definitely Handheld Contact ... it's what I use.

They have a new version that's really awesome, due in the next week.
Copper Contributor

Attached is the information on my version of ACT - to my knowledge at least according to my update status on ACT there are no new updates that corrects the synch issue. Please advice. Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 English (United States) Sage Software, Inc. ©2010 Sage Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Sage, the Sage logos, ACT!, and the Sage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc., or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

I sent another post with the information you requested, to my knowledge there are no updates currently on my existing ACT please advise otherwise.

Joe

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
English (United States)
Sage Software, Inc.
©2010 Sage Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Sage, the Sage logos, ACT!, and the Sage product and service names mentioned herein are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sage Software, Inc., or its affiliated entities. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Copper Contributor

Mike,

Here is the Office informatiion that you requested:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version    6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    LENOVO-PC
System Manufacturer    LENOVO
System Model    2081CTO
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9600  @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 6FET85WW (3.15 ), 8/4/2010
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name   
Time Zone    Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    2.46 GB
Available Physical Memory    1.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory    4.92 GB
Available Virtual Memory    3.09 GB
Page File Space    2.46 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys

13.1 now has Hotfix 3 that helps with the Outlook sync ...

But to sync with a phone, I'd only use Handheld Contact if you want it to work reliably.
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

I tried to download 13.1 but was not able to - I will keep on trying.

Thanks Joe