Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT/Swiftpage.....a true story....and the clock is ticking starting NOW!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT/Swiftpage.....a true story....and the clock is ticking starting NOW!

ACT/Swiftpage.....a true story....and the clock is ticking starting NOW:

In response to the note today with the Activation Key for a product that I purchased via SP a week ago:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings: 

I’ve checked with my credit card service and note that the transaction has not been credited back as agreed by customer service.

The Customer Service rep is Yoraidi with a cancel# of ^^^ ^^^ ^^^^

The event was a purchase of Address Grabber by your "partner" EGrabber...via SwiftPage.  The transaction took place immediately...however, an activation key was never offered with the exception of the Catch 22 issue to be described below.

The response that I got was to contact EGrabber.  EGrabber of course said that since ACT/SwiftPage sold their product, they would have the license key.  Customer Service for Swiftpage was adamant that “she did not have a key to issue and that EGrabber would supply the key.”  At that point I requested a refund from Yoraidi after having wasted a day….again the cancellation notice of ^^^ ^^^ ^^^^ will prove out my position.

Please understand, that I went to EGrabber and purchased the same product and within 1 minute of the purchase, my Address Grabber program was available to start work

Likewise I would point out…as a loyal ACT Customer for 5 years or more, I feel pretty ticked off that ACT/Swiftpage charged me MORE money to purchase through their “partners” sales than going to EGrabber directly.  Topping this whole sad transactoral tale of with with the license key that never arrived until this afternoon (a week after the purchase) to activate the program.  Now that SP has screwed up once again with my money in your possession for a week…I hope you can see where I’m going with this.

I am more than happy to post a very visible dispute with the credit card group, the ACT community and other interested parties dealing with a purchase that I made on the 23rd of September and a license key that did not arrive until today...a week after the purchase and cancellation of the purchase.  The cancellation took place on the 24th of September after writing customer service a few times immediately after the purchase of the 23rd  

I’m going to check my online card statement tomorrow for the return of my money.  I would hope that by noon tomorrow SwiftPage will have fulfilled their obligation to cancel and refund in full my purchase.

I will report back here the same about the saga of SwiftPage and my $money.

Dan Turner

Conyers, Ga

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author DAN_TURNER
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT/Swiftpage.....a true story....and the clock is ticking starting NOW!

I'm happy to report that SwiftPage/ACT did cheerfully refund my money to my account.

I use the term cheerfully somewhat loosely....there has been no response, no reply to my emails, phone call messages or here in their forum.  Given that I'm not sure if they were smiling or sneering...given the silence, I'm likely to guess the latter instead of the former.  Heck, even my worst customer gets a phone call from me when they start grumbling about anything...and a follow up email to be wide open to their call at any time.

However....this is the type of people that we're dealing with.  They sell the products to the consumer to put their "best foot forward" in customer relationship...and then just walk away from a complaint rather than communicate or have staff on hand to communicate effectively or to handle problems without having to flip the script pages.  It's the "Do As I Say...Not As I Do" method of crisis management.

How bass-ackwards is that? 

However...my account was made whole, although my relationship with ACT and Swiftpage is pretty much shot. 

Thank you to the forum for your indulgence in this matter.

Dan Turner

Conyers, Ga

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain. Let's hope  your post will not fall on deaf ears and that improvments because of it will be forthcoming. .

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Bronze Contributor

Dan, I also have products up on the ACT eStore and I know that the process changed over from Sage to Swiftpage.  Any time there is a change of ownership and processing, things can go bump in the night.  I know people who are in charge of this process have seen this post and I also know they are moving as agressively as they can to fix the things that are problematic.  

Since we also do credit card processing, I discovered the hard way that a refund back to a credit card takes much longer than a charge.  This is not just an ACT/Swiftpage issue - it's the credit card company.  A charge that got "reversed" in error from another customer thru our own order page took 4 weeks to reappear on my account.  And a refund coming to us from another vendor is supposed to take 6 weeks.  Personally, I think it's because of holding monies to gain interest but that's just my opinion.

And what eGrabber told you about serial numbers is correct.  We, the vendors, issue banks of serial numbers to Swiftpage, who in turn hand them out when product is purchased.  Since they do the charge and then send the software they are the ones who do the credit.  

I like having the ability to sell our products on the ACT store.  I think they have so many things on their plates with the changeover that some things just need a bit of time.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

and....the tale of woe continues:

=====================================================

I have petitioned the credit card transactor to decline the transaction order #^^ ^^^ ^^ ^^^^^ with full details of matter that will be of record in your files of my attempts to make contact for the license key for Address Grabber for 24 hours after my purchase on the 23rd of September.

I’ve also copied the letter below to ACT Community Forum and will be following through shortly with an update with the fact that SwiftPage has not acted in good faith by any response or action to resolve this matter.

You were warned of my intentions and chose to underperform in the same fashion as the lapse in customer service dealing with a sale of a 3rd party product without the activation code to allow me to use the product that you collected immediate payment. 

The fact that SP agreed to cancel a week ago (via Yoraidi – cancel# ^^^ ^^^ ^^^^) and then sent the activation code YESTERDAY 09/30/13) can speak for itself as to the new group in charge of letting down long time customers.

Next stop....Amazon to leave a review of ACT/Swiftpage (the company).  I should have that review in place by tomorrow afternoon of my experiences this week with SwiftPage customer service.  However...a quick response to give me some assurances that this matter is being resolved will put that review on hold.  All one need do is contact me to avoid this 1 star review of the company.

Dan Turner

Conyers, Ga

Solution
Accepted by topic author DAN_TURNER
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I'm happy to report that SwiftPage/ACT did cheerfully refund my money to my account.

I use the term cheerfully somewhat loosely....there has been no response, no reply to my emails, phone call messages or here in their forum.  Given that I'm not sure if they were smiling or sneering...given the silence, I'm likely to guess the latter instead of the former.  Heck, even my worst customer gets a phone call from me when they start grumbling about anything...and a follow up email to be wide open to their call at any time.

However....this is the type of people that we're dealing with.  They sell the products to the consumer to put their "best foot forward" in customer relationship...and then just walk away from a complaint rather than communicate or have staff on hand to communicate effectively or to handle problems without having to flip the script pages.  It's the "Do As I Say...Not As I Do" method of crisis management.

How bass-ackwards is that? 

However...my account was made whole, although my relationship with ACT and Swiftpage is pretty much shot. 

Thank you to the forum for your indulgence in this matter.

Dan Turner

Conyers, Ga

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Dan,

I'm the Act! Community Manager and I wanted to chime in here to let you know we are listening in the community and do care. I'm at fault and apologize for not actually responding back here yesterday to you to let you know that we saw your post and were working on a resolution. I'm so sorry for what you went through - it's certainly not the experience we'd like you to have had. We escalated your post yesterday to our support team for assistance. The team did reach out to me to let me know that indeed, there was a snafu on the fulfillment side, but that they had refunded your money which I'm very happy to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to post the issue. I hope to see you back here in the community and that you give us a shot at mending our relationship. I'm going to private message you for more details on your experience so we can learn from what happened if you'll allow us to.

Thank you community members for weighing in on this issue and making Dan feel a part of this community.

Thanks,