Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!, Sugar or Zoho?

Copper Contributor

ACT!, Sugar or Zoho?

I have been evaluating SugarCRM and Zoho for our small (3 person) business, but frankly I would prefer to use ACT!, because that is what I know from past experience.

In the current business we all spend more time working from home, so I need to have the ACT server to be accessible via the Internet.

What are my options?

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT!, Sugar or Zoho?

I did a quick search for hosted ACT services and came up with this link

On the other hand, I'm sure some of the more learned consultants on the board can guide you throough the process of remote access to your server and database. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Contributor

Thanks John. I will contact some of those and see what they offer. I'm a little reticent to use a provider in the US because we are in Australia, but hopefully they can provide a demo so we can see if speed is an issue.

Both Zoho and Sugar are hosted in the US anyway (I presume!). I have also looked at Sage CRM (Cloud) but it times our after 20 minutes of inactivity, which frankly is hopeless for a CRM system. When I was an ACT user in the past I had it open all the time so it was available to dip into if a customer calls.

I'm happy to host it myself, but my understand is that it has to be connected to via a VPN, in which case ALL internet traffic would go via the VPN. This wouldn't work for us because we are a very web intensive business and use content management systems all day. This would be too slow via a VPN.

I wonder if it possible to set it up with a remote sever so that only ACT data goes via that connection and not all other internet traffic. If anyone can offer any advice on this it would be gratefully received Smiley Happy

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Nivekau,

I work for Evolution Marketing, we're based in Australia, we can do hosted ACT! and/or provide you with various options to remotely access your ACT! database. If you'd like to talk further, you can contact me on 1300 799 064.