Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Stopped working

ACT Stopped working

I recently installed ACT on our new PC and when I have tried to open the program I just get the message that" SAGE ACT has stopped working" . I have tried to switch to compatibility modes and run it as an administrator still no luck. I have looked in the services and the SQL service for ACT are not showing up and if they do they give me an error. I have tried to reinstall it and still now luck. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Stopped working

[ Edited ]

Hello derekh,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Can you clarify what you mean by "I have looked in the services and the SQL service for ACT are not showing up and if they do they give me an error." Is the SQL Server (ACT7) service present? If so, is it started, or do you get a specific error message when trying to start it?

Also, what version of ACT! are you attempting to install? And on what operating system?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am running version 2011 Pro and I just checked and the SQL Server (ACT7) service is not present.

Operating Sytem is Window 7 Professional
Platinum Elite Contributor

You said you tried to reinstall...were there any errors during the SQL portion of the install (runs before the ACT! portion)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have tried to reinstall it and I am getting an error now on the SQL install. Cannot connect to remote database please make sure your database is accepting remote connections. Shorten of course.....