Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Software

ACT Software

Our company is basically a capital equipment manufacturer.  Yes, we are one of the few surviving (barely) manufacturing companies in the USA.  We call on customers across the USA and several foreign countries.  In the past one of our two merged companies used Goldmine software - it is old and out of date.  Currently, we are not using a software tool to assist in our contact/customer management.  We need to improve out customer service and coverage.  So, I have started looking at various software packages to asist this effort.  ACT looked interesting, but as I have worked through the pages for more information, it appears that ACT is a Financial or Real Estate based software.  It looks to have some clever features, but we would have to adapt it for our use as a capital equipment manufacturer.  I really don't want to have to be real creative in adapting a software package.  As I had suspected, there seem to be several peoducts: ACT, Contact, Goldmine, .....  What software would you recommend?

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT Software

ACT can be used for captial equipment manufacturers. I have modified ACT to work for a number of companies that need to track contacts as well as the equipment they have sold them. It's also possible to track equipment by serial number, version etc and where it is located etc. It's not possible to do this "out-of-the-box", but the same is true for the other products you mention. Some level of customisation is going to be required regardless of the software product you choose.
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Re: ACT Software

Thanks for the reply.  That is pretty much as I expected.  We are really looking for a contact data base with extras to internally communicate our progress with customers, and do a better job forecasting future order take.  It appears that there are other software packages more appropriate for our use.

Thanks again,