Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Sluggish during Clear & Follow Up

ACT Sluggish during Clear & Follow Up

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced very slow response from ACT when clearing and following up on an activity?  I have clocked up to 40 sec lag time from clicking 'OK' to the follow up and 'OK' to the Clear Activity command for the hard drive to respond.  I am running a relatively new DELL with Windows 7 &  with a RAID hard drive.  Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,

Dave

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Sluggish during Clear & Follow Up

Hello Dave,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please provide some additional information so the Community can better assist:
- What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)?
- Has this always been an issue or did it just start happening?
- Is your database local to your machine or hosted on another machine (server)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's ACT 2011, cleared Activity performance was addressed in a hot fix.  I believe the latest version is 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4

ACT 2011 Hotfixes and updates are located here.  http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Pro-2011-Product-Downloads.html

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi Greig,

Thank you for replying.  Sorry it has taken me a while as I am a newbie using the forum.  Considering I have been an Act user almost everyday for about 20+ years its hard to comprehend why i am just getting around to using the forum now.

To answer your questions:

1)  Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

2)  I seem to remember it being much faster with the old database architecture (ACT 6 & previous?). 

3)  It is local on my machine.  My machine contains the database (I am the adminstrator) and I network with another user. 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Best Regards,

Dave