Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Slowness with Activites

ACT Slowness with Activites

I have a team that has a ACT! Database that is less than 2500 contacts, about 200 "current" activities - When the users schedule a call the switch back to the Activities tab - it takes 1-2 minutes for ACT! to respond. Both of these machines are XP - with 2GB RAM. This issues just started this week -no new updates were applied - however XP SP3 was installed last week. Any ideas?
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Slowness with Activites

Which version of Act! are you using?  Is the database locted on a server or just on one of the XP machines?

Here is link that may be helpful:  Answer ID 16605, How To Improve the Performance of ACT!.

Finally, my company has been servicing the greater Phoenix area for 15 years.  Let me know if you would like to utilize my services.

MrWright

Thats not it - these are computers that are above requirements.
Copper Elite Contributor

You still haven't identified your version of Act!.

MrWright

2008- Version 10- 10.0.2

Copper Elite Contributor

Well, there are a couple of things.  First of all, there is yet another update for Act! 2008.  You can obtain it here: ACT! 10.0.3 Standard Update (US).  I'm assuming you are using the standard version of Act!.

Next, there is an issue specifically about calendaring that I believe applies to you situation.  Here is the link: Answer ID 22412, Today's Calendar is Slow Loading.  Here is a brief summary which should explain why I believe this applies to your situation.

This issue is known to occur when you have over 100 activities scheduled on one day.  Reducing the number of activities allows the Today's Calendar to load faster.

I hope these help.

MrWright