Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Scheduler Deletes Scheduled Tasks

ACT! Scheduler Deletes Scheduled Tasks

I'm relatively new to ACT!.  I'm using version 11.0, stand alone and find that when I setup the scheduler for auto backup and auto calendar sync, it will perform the tasks for a while - a day or two - and then for some reason delete them so that I have to set them up again.  How can I get ACT! to continue performing the tasks without me having to set them up again every couple of days?  Thanks.

Milt

Re: ACT! Scheduler Deletes Scheduled Tasks

The tasks are stored in an XML file called SCHEDULER_FILE.xml and it sounds like its corrupted.  Try rebuilding the XML file by following the steps below.

1.  Close the ACT! Scheduler.

2.  Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Act\ACT For Windows 11

Vista: C:\Users\All Users\Act\Act For Windows 11

3.  Delete SCHEDULER_FILE.xml

4.  Open ACT! Scheduler and setup your tasks.

Can't Delete ACT! Scheduler Scheduled Tasks

I am new to ACT! 2010. We set up our database on my laptop locally to see if we liked ACT! which was about 3 weeks ago. We have now taken that database and moved it to one of our servers so I VPN into that server to connect to that database. All that is good, but now none of my Activities are intergrating with my Outlook calendar like before. Every time I tried to edit my scheduler task to the new location of the database it won't change. I have tried to delete this scheduler task, but I get an error "Error occurred while saving server config file. Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT for Windows12\SCHEDULER_FILE.xml' is denied. There is more to this error. I have tried to located this file and delete it and start again, but I can't find it. I am able to view hidden files, but I can't find this one. Please send suggestions to me.

Thanks,

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't Delete ACT! Scheduler Scheduled Tasks

Hello TKipperman,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

If you are running either Vista or Windows 7, try running the Act! program 'As Administrator' and then start the Scheduler through the Tools menu.  To do this:

- close Act!

- exit Act! Scheduler (if running)

- right click on Act! icon > select 'Run As Administrator'

- go to Tools > select 'ACT! Scheduler..'

- test updating tasks

Greg Martin
Sage

I am having the same problem.  I can not find the scheduler_file.xml - I have tried running the scheduler as admin but I keep getting the same error.  I can delete a schedule nor can I add a schedule. 

Platinum Super Contributor

If running as Admin did not resolve the issue, you may need to add additional rights to access the file/folder for the Scheduler.  First try recreating the Scheduler file - here is an article with instructions for locating/rebuilding the files: KB Article 23920

Greg Martin
Sage