Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Sales Cycles 2010 vs Priorities

Avid Listener

ACT Sales Cycles 2010 vs Priorities

I am new to act 2010 and was using the old Act Sales Cycle and have decided on using the new one but I have noticed that I cannot find any way of editing or adding to the priorities like I used to in the older versions.  now all is offered is  Low, Medium low, Medium, Medium High and High.  I used to match my priorities to my sales cycle and color code it so I could look at my calendar and see visually what stages of the sales cycle I was in.  Does anybody know or is there a way to add priorities to ACT 2010 my Version is Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Thanks

Roy 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Sales Cycles 2010 vs Priorities

Hello Roy, 

You cannot add new Priorities, but you can 'rename' the existing Priorities.  This is done through the Schedule > Manage > Priorities screen.

Click on the Priority you would like to rename and then select the 'Edit' button.

Greg Martin
Sage
Avid Listener

Yes sir I agree but I guess I am confused in the respect that you should have equal number of Priorities or the availability to program them to help match up to your Sales Cycle.

I am wondering if others might see value in my suggestion.

thanks

Roy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Roy,

One thing you may want to note is that color you assign to the activity is independent of the priority you choose. You can assign any color to the activity, regardless of the priority. The last color used for a priorty will be the default when you select that priority, but you can change it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.