Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! SageLink IS SO SLOW!

ACT! SageLink IS SO SLOW!

Previous version of Sagelink let you create a link to Sage Accounts in seconds, you typed in a preferred Sage Account Name and it created it, job done.

In process of comissioning a new PC with the latest Act and Sage products and using the latest type of inbuilt SageLink BUT when performing a link it takes OVER 20 MINUTES to check Sage Accounts data before letting you create a link! This is simply unworkable.

We would appreciate any suggestions on how to get around this be it working practice or whatever.

When customer places order we do a search in Act and if customer exists we go to the record (otherwise we create one and a link to Sage Accounts), we then press 'Create Invoice' the old Sagelink provided and are taken into Sage Accounts with an Invoice entry box open and ready with customer details, we enter the product and price, print ot off and job done. Minimal key presses and minimal time.

Any suggestions?

Mark in the UK

Re: ACT! SageLink IS SO SLOW!

Anyone else upgraded and found 2012 Act! to Sage Accounts 50 link very slow? We have 6000 Sage Accounts which I am told is three times the usual and the 'cause' of the 30 minute delay to create a Sage to Act! Link - but I think Act! developers missed an opportunity to include a 'quick link' option with less stringent match critera, to blame the users number of accounts is (I think) very lame when the previous link was super quick. The problem is the old Link crashes on 64bit Windows OS so cant be used without data corruption risk.

Hi Mark,

I'm having exactly the same problem. We've never used ACT! 2011 so I can't compare but we used to have Goldmine and Sage Accounts 50 and creating a new customer in Sage Accounts 50 from Goldmine took seconds using third party integration software. The only reason we changed to ACT! was because we were upgrading our server and thought we would change over to software that is meant to link up to each other quickly and easily.

I'm just trying to create a Sage to ACT! link now and at the moment it's still going and it's taken 29 minutes, which is useless. I also got told by Sage because we have 4,500 customers it will be slow but I don't understand why ACT! doesn't give you the option to just create a new customer rather than searching through all existing ones to see if it's already there.

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? I might look if theres any third part software to speed things up!

Pete 

Has anyone been able to fix this problem - its a reall issue for us?

To be honest, we've just completely given up on ACT. Sage weren't very helpful and Act is just getting worse and worse. It's such a slow program and always crashes.

We're just upgrading to Sage 200 and Sage CRM. It's an expensive upgrade but we've been promised it will work much better as it's built on a full MySQL database rather than the baby one ACT is built on.

Thanks for coming back - Sage tell us it's only us with the problem and clearly that isn't true!

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with the change as we are going to have to do something about our sage act now and need to decide what.

What frustrates me is that before sage bought act the two programs worked beautifully, but since Act was bought out they don't and the new link is rubbish!

Anyway I rant on - a symptom of three weeks frustration with Sage. Please do let me know how you get on with your upgrade though.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Jenny,

You say when you contacted Sage that " Sage tell us it's only us with the problem".

Is that Sage ACT! support or Sage 50 support in UK?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Hi All - Revisiting this post as we gave up previously as too much time was taken up trying to find a solution, spent hours on phone with Sage Support at the time, very professional and knowledgeable but bottom line was nothing could be done, no work around and as we'd bought an expensive 64bit W7 machine at the time to have the old Sagelink crashing and risking corruption we just had to give up and revert to continuing with the old machine.

The old PC is now on last legs having had power pack failures, disk failures weve kept it soldiering on but it's time to renew as it's just too old now. SO wondered if there has been a solution to this dilemma yet?

Wondered if the internal linking of customer records checking procedure been simplified for speed? Has an option to quick link been added as a work around so all the time taken to check various links for duplicates is circumvented? I think that was the crux of the problem because with a few thousand records to check against it was taking too long.

Our worst case yet perhaps simplest scenario I suppose is to upgrade to a 32bit W7 PC and install the last versions that work or allow the use of Act! SageLink - Rather upgrade to a 64bit solution though. Any input here is welcome BTW !!

Actlink & Sage50 2015 - last link version was 2013 - so no change there I suspect!

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37500/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI0OTQzMDgx...

sagelink compatibility list - Still says not compatible with 64bit OS - assuming no change there either then!

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767/related/1#unknown

Hope anyone can help

Regards - Mark - UK

Platinum Elite Contributor

The link ytou refer to was creted by Sage and not by the ACT! developers. I believe that Sage no longer supports that link and I don't believe that it works with any later version of the ACT! program now that Swiftpage owns it. I believe there is a third party link that supports later version s of ACT! and Sage 50. I'm sorry that I don't have information on who makes that link.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy

AlphaLogix knows this problem well!

We have developed a link for ACT! to Sage 50, and have called the softwarer AlphaLink.

Some AlphaLink details can be found at these URLs:

http://alphalogix.co.uk/blog/?p=48

http://www.alphalogix.co.uk/alpha-software/alpha-link-for-act.aspx

If anyone has any questions please get in touch with me.

peter.missen@alphalogix.co.uk

Photo by Missenp_images