Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Sage 2006

ACT! Sage 2006

I have been having problems with my ACT! software for a while now.  It only works half of the time, and I'm not sure why.  Last week, I had it working again, when suddenly I got a windows update on my computer.  It restarted itself, and ACT! stopped working again.  I keep receiving this error:

The database (Name) could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that you database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server. 

I have checked and my firewall is disabled.  I went on the ACT! Knowledge Database and Online Assistance told me to try several things, which I have.  I also tried the Live Web Chat, but they keep telling me that they do not support this version anymore.  Can someone please help me?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Sage 2006

Most likely the SQL server is stopped.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

How do I fix it?

Go to Start | Run and type services.msc
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I did that, and I looked through it for the SQL thing, and I couldn't find it.  All I have on there in the S's are Secondary Logon, Security Accounts Manager, Security Center, Server, Shell Hardware Detection, Smart Card, SSDP Discovery Service, System Event Notification and System Reestore Service.

I'm not sure how ACT! was installed without MSSQL but without that, you won't be able to access the database. Try uninstalling ACT! and restart the computer and then reinstall.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Look for MSSQL$ACT7 inside services.