Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Reports: Does ACT! Have Standard Reports That Provide Basic Numerical Data??

ACT! Reports: Does ACT! Have Standard Reports That Provide Basic Numerical Data??

I am a sales professional that would like to get some pretty basic information from ACT! Reports but don't see that I can do this easily.  I would like a report that shows the number of activities (of various types) that I have completed in a day or across several days.  I see that I can pull reports that show the contacts/companies I've called and the notes that accompany these calls, but there's nothing in a numerical overview format.  Am I missing something?  Or do these reports only provide qualitative versus quantitative data?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Reports: Does ACT! Have Standard Reports That Provide Basic Numerical Data??

Try the History Summary Classic report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: ACT! Reports: Does ACT! Have Standard Reports That Provide Basic Numerical Data??

I did.  And this report also produces questionable data.  It only shows information for 9 contacts versus the 300 or so that I have called.  It's also curious that a History Summary report is showing a listing of the actual contacts names which would make it quite a lengthy report if it were actually showing all the contacts I have called.  It appears to me that ACT! doesn't actually have any true summary reports that provide the basic numerical historical data that I need.  Or am I missing something?
ABM
Copper Contributor

I am also new to Act and I agree with your assessment. I am very disappointed that Act does not provide SUMMARY reports. Every standard report I have tested generates DETAIL. This is acceptable when reviewing individual user(s) but there is nothing that presents a summary analysis for all users. I have over 50 users and all I need is a summary report, one line per user, that shows counters for each activity type over a particular time period - something that management can easily and quickly review. I want to monitor usage of the system. Do the more successful salespersons use ACT more than other users? Act is now heralded as an enterprise solution but the available reports do little to help manage a sizeable user base. This is easy stuff that should be available out-of-the-box. Surely someone somewhere has developed reports to help manage/monitor users? I would appreciate any help and/or guidance from anyone. Thanks.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Most summary reports can be created with the ACT! report generator. Because such reports are often specific to the database design they would not be appropriate for a general report template. I have created many such custom report templates.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com