Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT RECORD LIMITS

AFA

ACT RECORD LIMITS

What is the max number of records for an ACT database?  If it is memory driven then how many could I expect to get from 2 gig using XP?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT RECORD LIMITS

With the MSSQL based versions of ACT! there isn't any limit on the number of records. With ACT! 2007 and 2008, there is a limit on the database size if you are using MSSQL Express (Standard and Premium EX) otherwise the limit would be your hard disk capacity.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

We currently have approx. 91,000 records in our database (both ACT! 6 and ACT! 2008 versions). ACT! 2008 doesn't have a specific limit, and with ACT! 6, tech support always advised keeping it under 20,000 - but we've never had problems.
Best Regards,

Chuck
Platinum Elite Contributor

Depending on the volume of Notes, Histories, Groups, Activities, concurrent users and hardware, ACT! 6.0 could really slow down as the database got large.

ACT! 10 can handle much, much more before this becomes an issue.

Re: ACT RECORD LIMITS - Slow

I have 16000 contacts in ACT, and not many attachments. Does ACT 10 not handle more than 15000 contacts? It's becoming painfilly slow to schedule activities...Any suggestions

regards

sukhbir

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT RECORD LIMITS - Slow

sukhbir wrote:

I have 16000 contacts in ACT, and not many attachments. Does ACT 10 not handle more than 15000 contacts? It's becoming painfilly slow to schedule activities...Any suggestions

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Are you running on a LAN or local? 

What hardware are you using? RAM, CPU and HDD speed

Have you tried the items in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3qzaf8