Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Quits responding when attaching a document

ACT Quits responding when attaching a document

ACT Pro Version 16.0.291 Hot Fix 4

Office 2013

Windows 7 Pro

Shared Database on server

I think this may be a Windows Update issue, but not sure. We have 3 units identical and just 1 is having issues and that one is the one that got updates from Windows on Feb 10. That unit when you go to a client and attach a document, it pops a window that says Act has stopped responding and when you hit close it shuts ACT down. The other 2 units are fine

Any thoughts. I have not uninstalled the Windows updates yet. All 3 PCs are the same and this unit has not had anything new installed. I have tried disabling AVG and still has issue. Ran virus scan and malwarebytes and unit is squeaky clean

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT Quits responding when attaching a document

The issue is a .NET issue.  .NET 4.6.1 was upgraded to a recommended update so it was pushed out to users with the Windows update.  .NET 4.6.1 either dropped a routine or changed a routine that was used in Act! that broke it.  You can fix the problem by uninstalling .NET 4.6.1 and installing .NET 4.5.2 and then hiding the .NET 4.6.1 update.  You can also fix the problem by upgrading to the current version of Act!.  If you go back to .NET 4.5.2 sooner or later you will have an application that requires it in order to run in which case you will need to upgrade Act!.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!