Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Quick attach tollbar missing from Outlook

Tuned Listener

ACT Quick attach tollbar missing from Outlook

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a very frustrating problem...

We're using Windows Server 2003 and have recently migrated one of our users on to a new profile. Before we did this, the user had been successfully using the ACT Quick attach function from within Outlook 2007 and the Tool bar was visibile.

Since the migration the quick attach tool bar is missing and emails are no longer automatically imported in to ACT when they are sent.

I have checked within Outlook and the ACT Address book is present. From doing a bit of reading, I understand the reason why the toolbar may be invisible is due to the users access privileges, and setting these to Administrator should fix the problem. If possible I'd prefer not to give Admin rights and I'm not certain this would fix the problem as the account we migrated away from did not have Admin rights either. Is there something else anyone has come across which may get Quick Attach working again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Quick attach tollbar missing from Outlook

Windows profiles are ALWAYS such a fun thing to deal with...

I am guessing that you did not have to re-install Act! when you changed/created the new Windows profile...

Just throwing some stuff out there...

I would test the idea of making the new user profile an Admin.

If it that alleveates the issue, than indeed you know what you're looking for - appropriate permissions/rights?

Here's something to ponder -  this is not my exact area of expertise, but, food for thoughts...

Under what profile was Office and Act! orginally installed?  If not the original user's profile, was that profile existant at the time of install - we know that the new one was not...

How does this impact office and Act!?

Further - likely updates/patches have been applied to Outlook and office since originally installed...  Again, when installed in one profile, how does this affect/impact behavior under profiles created later...?

Shouldn't matter, but...

It's nice to blame it on Act!, but in my experience, switching profiles down the road always seems to present some kind of unforseen, almost random problem..

Tuned Listener

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

Wish I could be coming back to you saying that by making the user a local admin it solved the problem, but unfortunately it hasn't. Still no quick attach toolbar.

A little more background info which will hopefully shed some more light on the situation:

- Act was orginally installed using the Domain Administrator account. User Profile 1 had already been created at this time.

- User Profile 1 then used Act successfully for a period of time and Quick attach tool bar was present and working.

- Recently User Profile 2 was created and the local settings and profile from User Profile 1 were migrated to User Profile 2

- Since this migration Quick attach has not been present, but User Profile 2 can use all Office applications and Act without any problems.

As you can imagine this is driving me a little insane, as there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation as to why this is happening. As far as I can see, the profile settings match, so if there is anything else you can think of that would be worth trying, then I'd really appreciate your suggestions.

Many thanks

Steve

ISSUE: outlook quick attach tool bar gone -
1. check tools - email accounts - view address book - see if ACT is in there
2. check help - about outlook - check disabled items - make sure the toolbar is not disabled
3. check tools - macros - security low
Copper Contributor

I am having a similar problem between Act! 2010 and Outlook 2007.  I have trace it to missing dll file titled mscoree.dll.  I have spent the better part of today rtrying to get it back to no avail.  This might help you though.

In Outlook 2007 when I check tools>address book ACT does not appear. However, the .pad database is inside of ACT.  How can I make ACT visible in the Outlook address book as you indicated to check in #1?

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Alajac,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for resolving your issue: KB Article 23022

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg, and thanks for the prompt response.  I have attempted most of the solutions in the article, except a few that are out of my comfort zone (editing registry).  However, I am unable to execute the very first solution, which may actually solve the problem.  On Answer ID: 21428, step 5, the ACT! Address Book is not an option.  If that address book is not listed perhaps Outlook 2007 is unable to perform Quick Attach.  So how can I get Outlook to list the ACT! 2010 database?

Update. After uninstalling, then reinstalling ACT! 2010 the Quick Attach function is now visible!

I can't get to the article