Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Pro v20 - country codes no longer correct - only seeing/pulling up (+1)

Accepted Solution Solved
GNG
Accepted Solution

ACT! Pro v20 - country codes no longer correct - only seeing/pulling up (+1)

I just noticed that when I put in a contact from outside North America that ACT no longer populates the telephone/fax fields with the correct country code.  Specifically I put in a colleagues details- he's from Germany- and it pulled up country code (1).  This is a recent development and previously it was working fine.  When I checked several other country codes, e.g. UK, France they also appear as (1).  Going to"Help" I checked to see if I'm running the latest/greatest variant of v20; I am.  Any thoughts/suggestions? Thx. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GNG
‎08-16-2019 03:09 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro v20 - country codes no longer correct - only seeing/pulling up (+1)

Sometimes Win10 updates kill the phone country list in the registry.
Download and double-click both those files (with Act! and everything closed) ... Then try again.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oem6o8189e2mbxb/AAAHRfLEguChyBvbRBf5O2wPa?dl=0

View solution in original post

All Replies
GNG

Re: ACT! Pro v20 - country codes no longer correct - only seeing/pulling up (+1)

Additional info that may be helpful: Windows 10 Professional (latest/greatest updates), Office 2013 (latest/greatest updates) and Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8

As of last week (maybe the week before), after downloading, installing the latest Windows 10 and Office updates ACT, upon launch, would, each time I re-start the computer, prompt me to set up a telephone connection (I don't have one) and about 1 out 3 times SQL server had to be manually restarted. 

Employee

Hello,

Telephone area code prompt:
When asked create a new "dummy" location.
That may disable the reminder.

SQL not running:

Set the Service Properties to Automatic (Delayed Start)

On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog box
In the Run dialog box, type services.msc, then press Enter
Scroll down to and right-click SQL Server (ACT7), then choose Properties
Under the General tab, change the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start), then click Apply
Restart the computer to test

Thank you,

Carl

Act!  Support

Growth made easy.
CRM & Marketing Automation built for small business success.

Silver Contributor

Regarding the Phone country code try re-inputting the country code on your phone number on your record and also re-inputting the Country in Country field.

Solution
Accepted by topic author GNG
‎08-16-2019 03:09 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Sometimes Win10 updates kill the phone country list in the registry.
Download and double-click both those files (with Act! and everything closed) ... Then try again.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oem6o8189e2mbxb/AAAHRfLEguChyBvbRBf5O2wPa?dl=0
Highlighted
GNG

Mike:

The first time this issue reared its head ACT eventually resolved the issue without any intervention.  I don't know whom to credit w/ the fix/resolution, but I did nothing and it eventually ACT worked correctly. 

Today, however, after the latest Windows 10 update downloaded and installed I ran into the same problem/issue.  (The download also knocked out my icloud connection with MSOffice, but that's another story.) I re-read your answer downloaded both files, restarted the computer, double clicked both files, ok'd them for installation, and then opened ACT. It worked. It's now time for a cocktail.  Cheers!

GNG