Do you mean 

ACT! Pro v17.2 hfx3

Nickel Elite Contributor

ACT! Pro v17.2 hfx3

[ Edited ]

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro v17.2 Win7Pro -Memo fields require me to Hold down the Control Key and Hit Enter to advance to next line. Help

Simple answer - working as designed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT! Pro v17.2 hfx3 Win7Pro -Memo fields require me to Hold down the Control Key and Hit Enter to advance to next line. Help

Not a case of a known problem, the memo field was designed to work that way (Ctrl+Enter for a new line) since ACT2006 V7.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ACT! Pro v17.2 hfx3 Win7Pro -Memo fields require me to Hold down the Control Key and Hit Enter to advance to next line. Help

It so happens that I have an install of ACT! 17.2 Premium and the memo filed requires Ctrl+Enter for a new line.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

By the way did you read the KB your referenced?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The Kb specifies that using Ctrl+Enter for new line in memo fields is the way it's designed to work. It suggests a workaround but that's not a design change. I have a personal database in ACT! with a memo field that I have used in all versions of ACT! since version 8 and the memo field has always used Ctrl+Enter for a new line. Because the Enter alone can be used for field navigation, don't expect it to change.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Like it or not the Memo field has always worked this way. (Also tested on V16, 17,18 & 19.)

In the big scheme of things It's no great hardship to hit the Ctrl key. Wish all ACT oddities were so easy to resolve!

Thanks for your suggestion on Linked in by the way.

First please stop shouting. The workaround in the KB involved an undocumented feature and as such is unsupported, Because the ACT! memo fields are documented to use CTRL+Enter for a new line there is nothing ro fix. You could request a feature change for a future version but I doubt it would happen because I can see valid reasons for the memo field to behave the way it does.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129