Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro v 16 and creating or modifying templates in Word for office 2013.

ACT Pro v 16 and creating or modifying templates in Word for office 2013.

I have been using ACT for years but when I now go to update or change a template then go to save it I never get the *.adt option to save it as an ACT template it comes in as a word template then won't merge with ACT.  Any suggestions. 

Thanks

Jim

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro v 16 and creating or modifying templates in Word for office 2013.

I've heard some people had success by putting the whole name in quotation marks like "xxx.adt".  That being said I'm pretty sure there is a fix for it.  Check the Knowledge Base and see if you can find one there or someone else will probably post the solution here if you can't find it in the Knowledge Base or the Community posts.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Quotes worked thank you 

Silver Super Contributor

There is a fix for it too.  I just can't remember off the top of my head what it is.  If you hunt around for a few minutes you should be able to find it.  If not post back in a week or so and I'll see if I can find it.  I'm on a cruise at the moment with limited access to the internet or I would see if I could find it.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Thanks but I have been using ACT since 1992, so probably can teach consultants a few things.....I just dont have a lot of free time to fool with it.

Silver Super Contributor

You probably could.  That would make you one of our oldest users.  Act! has only been around since 1988.  I only have you beat by a couple of years.  I started working with it in September of 1990.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

P.S.  The cruise I'm on is actually called The Act! Cruise and it is a cruise given by ACCs for other ACCs.  I've been one of the hosts of the cruise for the last 9 or 10 years.  One of the ACCs on the cruise is thinking about having seminars on cruises for Act! end users.  If you're interested let me know and I'll pass on your information to him.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thsi is often caused by the ACT! macros in Word being disabled.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Super Contributor

That makes sense and it's a relatively easy fix.

Thanks!

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

How do I fix the ACT Macros?

Thanks

Jim