Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Pro V21 - All incoming emails in Outlook are automatically being saved to the Database Attachments folder

Highlighted

ACT! Pro V21 - All incoming emails in Outlook are automatically being saved to the Database Attachments folder

I upgraded from V.18 to V.21, and installed ten days ago.  Today, I discovered that every single email message received into my Outlook Inbox is now automatically being saved into my ACT! Database Attachments folder . . . approximately 150 messages each day.  Of that number, only two or three on average should be saved to the folder because that number represents Outlook messages auto-attached by a matching of contacts within the Address Book, or sometimes manually attached by the user at will.  All prior versions of ACT! only saved messages into the attachment folder when emails were attached to ACT! Contact Histories.  I don't want 100+ incoming spam messages to be saved out as .msg files on my hard drive every day, and I sure don't want to have to check each one daily to then delete one-by-one.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Are there any known solutions? 

Current Outlook Version:  Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11029.20104) 64-bit.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro V21 - All incoming emails in Outlook are automatically being saved to the Database Attachments folder

In the email set up wizard to the "E-mail - Record History of Received E-mails" (step 6 of 9) and set it to be "None" you will then have to manually attach the email you want saved into act! via the outlook add-ins toolbar

emails.JPG

Highlighted

Re: ACT! Pro V21 - All incoming emails in Outlook are automatically being saved to the Database Attachments folder

Thanks for the suggestion.  I really do not want to lose the auto-attach function when I receive e-mail from ACT! Contacts.  What I don't understand is why all incoming emails that are not from ACT! Contacts are now being saved to the Attachments Folder since installation of v.21.  I have been using ACT! continuously since version 4.0 and never experienced this problem before.