Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Pro 2013 - In Groups: Using and renaming the pre-created ACT! fields called: User 1, User 2, User 3, etc.

ACT! Pro 2013 - In Groups: Using and renaming the pre-created ACT! fields called: User 1, User 2, User 3, etc.

I have searched the forum and did not find this addressed... hope this is not a repeat.

I have ACT! Pro 2013.  In the "Group" mode, the contact information  is automatically displayed below in column format; HOWEVER, it is limited to a series of 20 or so predifiened ACT fields, PLUS 10 fields that are simply named: User 1, User 2, User 3, etc. up to User 10.

Are these "User X"  fields available for me to rename as fields that I WANT so they will be displayed below using the column heading that is meaningful to our group, rather than as "User 1?"

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: ACT! Pro 2013 - In Groups: Using and renaming the pre-created ACT! fields called: User 1, User 2, User 3, etc.

Wow, I am underwhelmed.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro 2013 - In Groups: Using and renaming the pre-created ACT! fields called: User 1, User 2, User 3, etc.

The groups table and layout is much like the contact table and layout. There's no limit on the number of fields you can add and you can rename the user fields as suits your purpose.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Super Contributor

If you add your own fields to the Groups table when you select customize columns it will show you your new columns.  Why underwhelmed?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Don, I think you are asking for step-by-step instructions on how to modify those fields?  (Please note that you cannot modify fields in the web client, or remote. You must be the owner or administrator of the database.)

Here is a link to an article that may help: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13980/kw/user%20fields

To change the label of the field on the tab, you would need to go to the Layout designer.  There is a paragraph at the bottom of that article that speaks to this step.

Good Luck!

Teri Unger
Consultant/Developer
Simplesoft Solutions, Inc. Springboro, Ohio
We make software simple.... www.simplesoft.net

P: 937-885-1204 x3214
Email: tunger@simplesoft.net

Saleslogix Certified Implementer and Consultant
Act! Certified Consultant

Find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to: www.act.com/acc

2012 Saleslogix Chairman’s Club Award Winner
2007, 2008, & 2010 Saleslogix President's Circle Award Winner