Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Pro 2013 Entering Future Dates

ACT! Pro 2013 Entering Future Dates

Hi,

I need to enter activities (usually meetings or to-do) that are scheduled for a date four years in advance. Under previous versions of ACT! I could enter the date (such as 13/09/2017) in the start date field and then tab or select another field and the end date would automatically change to reflect the start date.

If I chose to use the drop down calendar to enter the date I could use a little double arrow button to page forward a year at a time.

At present if I enter a forward dated start date and then tab away the date changes back to today's date! If I use the drop down calendar the double arrow buttons ar not there so I have to click forward four years a month at a time (that's a lot of clicks).

Any suggestions?

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! Pro 2013 Entering Future Dates

Hi Johnsmurr

While I'm on the current version, I believe my Activities works the same now as before, but it would be helpful if you provided the version of ACT you are using.

When I start an activity, the start date is automatically highlighted.  If the date, is like you say, 4 years in the future, I find it easier to just go ahead and use the keyboard to enter the date.  I tried it, and it worked fine, even if I tab out of the field. 

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Hi John,

Thanks for replying so quickly, much appreciated.

My version of Act! is 15.1.108.0.

I received a phone call from the support team in the UK a few minutes ago to tell me that this is a known bug in my version but that it has been resolved in V16 (your version). It's good to hear that they are correct.

V6 is only just being announced in the UK and ordinarily it would take up to two weeks before I get the email to advise me that it is available to me as a download. The support team are trying to get an email sent to me ASAP so I can get this resolved.

Could you tell me if the 'double arrow' butons are available on the mini calendar drop down you can use to enter a date? They used to allow you to proceed through the calender a year at a time.

Regards,

John Murray

Bronze Contributor

Hi John.

I don't see the double arrow on my US Version 16 (2014).

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Thanks for looking John.

Digging a little deeper I can see that if I press F4 I get the mini calendar that shows three months next to each other, and this has the double arrow that lets you move a year at a time. I think I may have been mistaken in thinking this was also available in the calendar drop down box for activity dates.

I've just been sent a link for the V16 download so I'll get that done when I've got a moment and report back.

Hi,  I've recently updated to ACT! 2013 Pro from a previous release.  I've installed SP1 and all the hotfixes on my Windows 8.1 system.

Problem:  When creating any event (call, meeting, etc) the popup calendars are showing 1s, 2s, 3s, etc NOT THE DATES.  Is there some other fix I need to get the correct calendar displayed?  

Thanks for any suggestions.

Garry

Garry

This is probably a DPI issue.  Follow the steps for Windows 7 in this KB, and I will update it for Windows 8.1: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26349/kw/dpi

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com