Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2013 Email History

ACT Pro 2013 Email History

I am currently using ACT Pro 2013 and Outlook 2010. When I send an email from ACT it doesn't recod the history. The ACT knowledge based stated to download a specific file (which I did) and then paste it into the Preferences Directory.

I am not technical....Where can I find the Preferences Directory to past the file into?

Thanks,

RTC

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2013 Email History

Hello RTC,

Can you provide additional information about your issue:

- Did this ever work? 

- Operating system of computer?

- Do you have ACT! icons in the Outlook Add-in tab?  If yes, how many icons/which icons?

- What version of Office 2010 do you have installed?  Is it 64 or 32-bit, or 'Click-to-run'...

Note: The article you are refering to (26713) does not apply to ACT! 2013 (only 2011 and 2012), using the xml file in that article will not help your situation.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for getting back to me.

Did this ever work? ----->No it never worked

- Operating system of computer? ------->Windows 7

- Do you have ACT! icons in the Outlook Add-in tab?  If yes, how many icons/which icons?-------> Yes----->

Under the Menu Commands I have-------->Attach to ACT Contacts and Quick Attach

Under the Toolbar Commands I have----->Quick Attach; Createt ACT Contact; Sync Contacts w/ACT; Creat ACT Activity; Sync Calendar with ACT

- What version of Office 2010 do you have installed?  Is it 64 or 32-bit, or 'Click-to-run'...---------->32bit

Note: The article you are refering to (26713) does not apply to ACT! 2013 (only 2011 and 2012), using the xml file in that article will not help your situation.-------->Understood

Platinum Super Contributor

It appears the Sage ACT! icons are correctly in place, so the add-in is enabled.  Things to check are:

- Preferences set to allow attachments

- Act.Outlook.Service.exe running

- Correct database listed in Outlook Address Book

- Problem email stuck in History Queue Folder

Here is an article with steps to resolve these items: KB Article 19948

Greg Martin
Sage