Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2013: Blank Reports

Highlighted

Re: ACT Pro 2013: Blank Reports

Thanks Roy

I will have a look at this over the weekend. Hopefully this will be a solution and I will let you know.

Have a great day and thanks!! 

Regards, Dave.

Highlighted

Roy, I opened the Edit srcreen again and saw no greyed out fields. I do suspect that I may have renamed fields in the past (this was a 2007 database) but I thought only in the layout display. i have attached a full screen capture of the Edit screen and 4 sub-report screens, including "opportunities".  I dont think I ever used "opportunities" but I may have.  Where would I look further to see if the field naming is the issue?

thanks, Dave.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you ever try running the contact report in the demo database? Assuming that works I would suspect there is a problem with your database schema and I would run all the repairs in in Tools | Database Maintenance and in ACTdiag.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Hello Roy,  I really appreciate you helping me out!  I ran the Contact report on Demo database and it works.

I then ran  Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and repair (integrity check; and Re-index) --- Result message: "Completed successfully".

I then ran Actdiag > Check Database -- Result message: "Completed database check on database MYDATA".

To be extra safe I ran > Repair Database --- Result message: "Completed database repair on database MYDATA".

The Contact report really isnt blank, it hangs and never indicates that "The report is finished".

Are there any other options  --- Thanks again, Dave.

Highlighted

Roy,

as a follow up, I am still recieving the message in the Report edit screen:  "The template you are opening contains one or more fields which may have been deleted, or which you do not have access."  I do not see any greyed out fields --- how/where would i check to see if i messed up the field names?

Also, the Contact Report runs successfully if i only run it on "My Record".  Thanks again, Dave.

Highlighted

You have a nasty troubleshooting problem on your hands. The Contact report (actually most of the standard reports) include several hidden fields that are used for connectivity or in custom fields. Because those fields are hidden you wouldn't see if they are grayed out.

At this point there isn't any one specific thing to try. I likely could identify the problem field but I would be using my in depth knowledge of the reports to identify the problem field. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

Hello Roy,  it looks like we have "hit the wall" and it is time for me to pay my way!  I have looked at your TechBenders web site.  What would you recomend the next step is and what sort of fees are we looking at?

I can send you an email to Techbenders and we can take this off line if that makes sense?

Thx Dave

Highlighted

I agree, to continue we need to take this offline. Send me a private message or directly to my email.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

I have a similar problem that my reports come up blank. I also have a problem that when I try to print contact reports for a select number of contacts I get a random number other than I requested. I have not made any custom templates as referenced in your post. ANy help is much appreciated
Highlighted

Hello Davey,

After surfing the internet for days on finding a solution I came across your posts about the "empty note" pages in ACT. I am facing exactely the same problem (using ACT2011) and am desparately seeking for a solution to resolve the issue. Whatever I tried, nothing works. Did you find any solution to the problem? Appreciate if you would give me some feedback/info to resolve this nasty problem. Thank you big time, kind regards from the Netherlands, Hans.