Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2013: Blank Reports

ACT Pro 2013: Blank Reports

Restored Act 2006 (or 2007?)  database to Act 2013. Records appear intact, including past activities, histories, notes. But any report with histories, activities or notes hangs on preview page 1. I specified "past" date range.

Telephone, address, or email reports generate OK.

Thx ... Dave

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2013: Blank Reports

Hello Dave,
It may be that the converted report templates are damaged. Each database has its own set of default and custom (if applicable) templates. Try creating a new database, then copying the templates from the Reports folder for that database into the Reports folder for your database, and test

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for trying to help.

I created a new "test" database and copied all 80 report templates to replace the existing templates, (there were 82). The old templates were dated 2007 and were slightly different in size. The "Contact Report" and "Contact Status" reports will still only gerate a dark Print Preview screen, with "Printing page 1" in bottom left corner.  I tried a test with just 1 contact that absolutely has "history"; same result --- nothing. i appreciate any further guidance.

Thanks, Dave

[ Edited ]

Do you or does anyone else have any further advice?

Thanks ... Dave

What filter settings did you use?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,   Thanks very much for your support. All filters (activity, note,history)  are "all dates" for Contact Report -- see attached screen shots. There is data for the "lookup contacts".  i dont even get the basic contact info: name, address, etc.

What are the filter settings for users, both general and other tabs.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy, thanks again for taking a shot at this.  I am not sure what you mean by filter settings for Users?  Attached is the General tab filter screen. There is a contact in the lookup; there is data; I am the only user and the "record manager" of the contact is me. Other types of reports seem to work. Only reports containg history, notes, activities do not work. The report preview shows "printing page 1" but neverfills or advances. 

I am going to try and apply the Hot Fix??

Thanks, Dave. 

I applied Hot Fix 2 and this had no effect.

as a curiosity i opened the "Edit" screen for the Contact Report, see screen shot attached --- it advised that "The template you are opening contains one or more fields which may have been deleted, or which you do not have access."  What does that mean and could that be an issue? Thx again, Dave.

Renaming database fields in define fields can cause that problem. Because the screen shot covers part of the template I couldn't tell if there was a template fields grayed out whic would give a clue as to the problem field. With That error message the template would likely fail. If the problem isn't on the main report I'd suspect that it's in the opportunities sub report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129