Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2012 won't open after system restore...

Tuned Listener

ACT Pro 2012 won't open after system restore...

I have recently installed an update to ACT to version 14.1.108.0 and I had a restore point saved prior to this update. Now after doing a system restore (unrelated issue with printer is why I did a system restore) the ACT program won't open up. Is there an easy way to download the update and get the current build up to date to allow the program to open? If possible I'd love not to have to re-create remote databases etc... if the re-install would wipe that out? Any help would be much appreciated.

The error I'm getting on program opening is: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = ACT.UI.ActApplication", ....... The current build operation [(...........)] failed.

I'm sure this error is because of the system restore.

Thanks,

Dave

Silver Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2012 won't open after system restore...

Check out this knowledge base article.  I would try deleting the dependentdlls.xml file first.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865/

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Tuned Listener

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I tried everything in the article including deleting the dependentdlls.xml file. Still same error. There has also been a Sage ACT! Integration error box pop up right after I boot the computer. I didn't mention this but I believe it is all linked as part of this whole issue I'm having.

The error on bootup is Sage ACT! Synchronization Application is not running. Please run Sage ACT! Syncronization Application from Windows Startup menu.

Of course I can't run the application from the Startup menue either. Any advice on how I could bring back the program would be much appreciated. Any ideas before I go with a clean install? Is there a way to download the ACT update outside of the ACT program since I can't get it to open. If I could get the update back maybe this would clear up the error?? It only started failing like this after I did a Windows System Restore that had a Restore Point prior to the latest ACT! update.

Silver Super Contributor

You should be able to just uninstall and reinstall ACT!.  It won't delete your database if you stored it in the default location when you restored from the RDB.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Dave,
The latest cumulative hot fix for ACT! 2012 SP1 resolves this issue. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2881...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.