Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2012 Mail Merge

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT Pro 2012 Mail Merge

I've completed several mail merges from within ACT Pro 2012 with Word 2003 on WindowsXP to send a letter to members of a group. I want to attach the document to the case history and select that option, only to find the entire merged document with all the letters gets attached to the history of each member of the group. I only want the individual letters attached to the history in each case. Please tell me what I'm missing.

Thank you,

Jean

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author SayJean
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT Pro 2012 Mail Merge

Thank you and Happy Holidays

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Jean,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. Unfortunately, this is the way the Word does a mail merge. It does not create individual documents, but rather one large merge file, so this is what ACT! attaches to history.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author SayJean
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thank you and Happy Holidays

Are there plans to change this?  How is a user to record that a letter has been sent to a client without either attaching the entire mail merge to every contact, or having to attach one by one, which is extremely tedious?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Marybeth,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans by Microsoft to change this functionality in Word.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

so there is no way for an ACT user to record in the history that a letter was sent to a client - maybe a pointer or link to the merged document?  We really need to keep records of letters that are sent to our clients, but attaching the merge document is taking unnecessary space.

Platinum Super Contributor

An option to attaching the complete document to each contact, is to create a Note (or History) and attach the document to that Note.  The Note can then be associated with the contacts involved in the mail merge (click on the 'Contacts' button on the Note screen).  The Note will appear in each contacts Notes tab and there will only be one copy of the document attached to the database.

Greg Martin
Sage