Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011 re-installation issue on win 7 premium pc

ACT Pro 2011 re-installation issue on win 7 premium pc

Act crashed? tried download file as advised via link from act cs ACT.  Click on setup file get c:\act_pro_2011\actstd\programfiles\act\actinstalldir\act.devices.entities.entitymap.xml error during process.  From support tried:

-reset UAC to never

-run as admin

neither worked

uninstalled act

now get install xp sp 3 update (note win 7 premium pc)

tried:

-change compatibility

-setup>properties run in compatibility mode

-renamed prereq file to prereqold

still get same sp3 warning

cannot re-install.  looks like we never received CD just download file.  Saw in community board that the download file may be xp and cd could be win7.

What is next step.  extremely important to get this working again....

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2011 re-installation issue on win 7 premium pc

Hello Fryb53,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Having renamed the Prereq folder, within the ACT! installation files open the 'ACTSTD' folder and double click on 'Setup.exe' to attempt install. 

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you Greg.  Did as advised.  Started install again.  Was going along much better.  Did not get immediate error. Hope. Even said a silent prayer.  But towards the end of the install got the following along with an unsuccessful installation.  Still not working.  Grey window erro box opens with:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type="act.ui.actapplication", name="".exception message is: the current build operation" build key BUILD KEY[act.uiactapplication:null] failed.. Access to path 'c:/users/annamarie/appdata/remote/act/actdata/dependent dlls.xml' is denied.  strategy type build plan strategy, index 5

this is pretty close but maybe a few caps and quote marks off-hope it means something to you

trying again - forced uninstall to proceed

I thought we had it, please advise, don't give up. 

Ok, the install is just having a problem accessing the existing 'dependentdlls.xml' file - from previous install. We'll back up a step and do some extra clean-up.

Steps to take:

- Leave Prereq renamed.

- Uninstall Sage ACT! (if installed).  Do not uninstall MS SQL Server.

- Browse to path 'C:/Program Files' > rename folder 'ACT' to 'ACT-old'

If this is a 64-bit machine: 'C:/Program Files (x86)'

- Browse to path: 'c:/users/annamarie/appdata/remote/' and rename the ACT folder. 

- Reboot

- Install using Setup within ACTSTD (right click on it and select 'Run as administrator')

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks Greg,

That did the trick, up and running again!

Very glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.
Greg Martin
Sage

Back again... Now that ACT Pro 2011 is working again, there seems to one error that cropped up even though the program is otherwise working.  When the workstation is in Calendar and uses the menu item Lookup>Last Name (for example) gets the following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'e73caaa4b53f685f1d76eeb0e3b3de94.OH.H' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, IsolatedStorageFile isf)

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistoryStorage.GetFileStream(IsolatedStorageFile isolatedStorageFile, FileMode fileMode)

at Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.HistoryComboBox.SelectionHistoryStorage.Save(ArrayList saveItems)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.SavePreferences()

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.SerializeandClose(DialogResult result)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.ExecuteContactLookup(ContactLookup lookup)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.RunContactLookup(Object val, OperatorEnum op, CriteriaColumn selectedColumn, TypeOfLookupEnum lookupTypeEnum)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.RunLookup(Object val, OperatorEnum op, CriteriaColumn selectedColumn, TypeOfLookupEnum lookupTypeEnum)

at Act.UI.Lookups.LookupByEntityDialog.okButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---------------------------
OK  

Only happens on the one workstation with the recent reinstall (above thread), only happens during Lookup event (no matter what is selected from that menu), still win 7 pc, ACT ver            Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Thanks for any help,

Allen

Platinum Elite Contributor

Please see this Knowledgebase article for a solution to this error:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1453...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

OK, here's the thing related to the referenced KB link.  On Win 7 Pro the path c:\users\\local settings\application data\isolatedstorage\...\assemfiles  is not exactly what I see.  I cannot see any of the KB discussed directories on my left pane of explorer past appdata.  I did search for *.oh.h and found > 500 but < 1000 files with that extension in a directory I cannot see directly in explorer.  They are listed out in the search.  I suppose I could delete them from the search results but I need some re-assurance that this makes sense.  The root name of the files does look like a random combination of letters and number and all have the extension .oh.h   .  I did not search for simply *.h   .  The only thing that makes sense is that each of these files is history of a separate search for there to be so many of these files???

There are no Assemfile or strongname references in the directories.  As an aside, my XP machine (without any problems) does match the KB discussion, however.  But XP ACT install is not a problem, this is just a sidebar reference.  Currently problem is only with the Win 7 Pro PC.

Is it safe to delete them?  Awaiting your thoughts before taking next step.

Thanks,

A

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Make sure you have enabled the ability to see hidden files in Windows Explorer. In Windows Explorer, go to Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > Select "Show hidden files and folders".

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.