Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro 2011, every email I send/receive in Outlook is recording in the history of My Record in ACT

ACT Pro 2011, every email I send/receive in Outlook is recording in the history of My Record in ACT

Hi.  We've only recently started using the email feature in ACT Pro 2011.  But somehow in the configuration between ACT and Outlook, every email I send/receive in Outlook is recording in the history of My Record in ACT even if it has nothing to do with any other ACT contact.  How do I stop that from happening?  I don't want there to be a history on My Record of when I sent my boss an email about her anniversary party, or when a friend of mine sends me a personal email! 

But I just am not familiar enough with how the two integrate to know how to adjust what's being recorded in the history.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: ACT Pro 2011, every email I send/receive in Outlook is recording in the history of My Record in ACT

Hello..

I am looking to do the same thing...When I send or receive an email I want the history recorded with the recipent contact, but no history recorded under "My Record"...Why have two coppies of the same thing.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Pro 2011, every email I send/receive in Outlook is recording in the history of My Record in ACT

You may be experiencing this issue due to settings within the Sage ACT! Email setup. 

Within ACT!:

- Click Tools > select Preferences..

- Click E-mail & Outlook Sync tab

- Click E-mail System Setup...

- Click Next through to screen 6 of 8 > check setting for "Select what contacts get attached to the history." > ensure it is set to "From"  (the recommended setting).

Another option that could be creating these emails, is an Outlook rule.  Check your Outlook rules to see if you have any attaching emails to the ACT! database.

Greg Martin
Sage